1. Sheldon Dingwall
  2. Basses
  3. Saturday, 23 February 2008
  4.  Subscribe via email
We've got a nice run of Z's going at the moment. Another one to start soon.

Some of you may recognize these bodies already.
Attachments (1)
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
BurningSkies Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Registered
Votes
Undo
I still have mine from this production room, and it's really my 'only' bass at this point. What would you like to discuss?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Basses
  3. # 481
drbass Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Registered
Votes
Undo
Hi Bill,

And what a unique "instrument" it is.

Look, nothing to discuss, I just really enjoyed seeing pictures of the progression from a could of pieces of timber to a work of art. Kind of involves/engages you (i.e. the customer) in the process which in a way makes the ownership experience that little bit more special.

My comment was more directed towards the people actually making the basses - is there still time to take pics along the way, or is there simply too much happening (with the higher volumes of Combustions and NGs)?

Thank you for replying though, much appreciated. I am expecting my Z2 to be my "only" bass as well.

Regards,
Michael
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Basses
  3. # 482
TheGrandEnigma Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Registered
Votes
Undo
Hi drbass,

This thread hasn't been used in a long time, but Sheldon and team still posts pictures of basses in the "to be shipped" thread. As far as basses during construction, a couple are posted now and again. There's also shop tour pictures posted when Sheldon gives tours. Scout around the forum and you'll find some gems. (I believe there is one from 20+ years ago of Sheldon with a calculator watch actually. :P )

The shop is usually really busy is my understanding but Sheldon has a special relationship with us forum members. He spends some time taking pictures of basses for us every once in a while. Don't forget to check out the Dingwall home page for bass of the month updates.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Basses
  3. # 483
Franco Bollo Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Registered
Votes
Undo
Believe me, I have enjoyed this thread more than most. :D

I still have (and love) the blackburst Z1 that Sheldon made for me (see page 8 of this thread), the SMB burlburst Z3 made for Morris/Lomo (see page 15 of the thread), and the green Z2 built for Doug Sokoll (see page 4 of the thread), which I am honored to see on the main page of dingwallguitars.com, in rotation with several other of Sheldon's fine basses.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Basses
  3. # 484
TheGrandEnigma Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Registered
Votes
Undo
Yeah, I enjoyed seeing the finishes that came from this thread. The diagonal stripe burst looks awesome.

This thread brings back memories. I checked it by the minute during computer class in college. This is the only forum thread I've seen that had posts every couple minutes. You could read and participate like a real-time conversation! :)

Still passed my computer class. ;)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Basses
  3. # 485
drbass Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Registered
Votes
Undo
Thank you, Bill, TGE, and Franco,

For your replies. I understand "busy" and focussing on the job (analogy: being a lecturer I would not want to give my students updates every time I make changes to a lecture, or other content - I'd rather get the job done).

Thought it was worth a try simply because it is exciting to see what other people are waiting for :-).

Anyway, 1 month down, x to go :-).

Regards,
Michael
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Basses
  3. # 486

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.