Saturday, 23 February 2008
  0 Replies
  6.1K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
We've got a nice run of Z's going at the moment. Another one to start soon. Some of you may recognize these bodies already.
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Are there any photos of the last two Zs from this group (or three Zs if you count that reworked voodoo)? Or did I miss them? Also (and more important from my perspective), any idea when the next batch of Zs will be underway?
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="BurningSkies"] Well
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Smallmouth_Bass":2wwwnmx2]I can't wait to see it! Yours is the one I'm anticipating the most next to my SJ5.[/quote:2wwwnmx2] [quote="Beepo":2wwwnmx2]Sounds amazing! I can't wait. It makes my endless wait time seem a bit shorter when I can drool and dream about Sheldons latest works. The new basses photographed on the black mirror surface really gets my bloodpump working every time Smile Keep us posted![/quote:2wwwnmx2] I agree with both of you! During the initial wait, the idea was such an abstract that it wasn't a problem, but now that this run has materialized it's only caused me to be anxious about things! I have no intention of trying to rush things though...I'd much rather take the time and wait it out. For the record, I have not purchased any instruments since I placed my order. I've remained faithful to this one!
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Sounds amazing! I can't wait. It makes my endless wait time seem a bit shorter when I can drool and dream about Sheldons latest works. The new basses photographed on the black mirror surface really gets my bloodpump working every time :) Keep us posted!
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I can't wait to see it! Yours is the one I'm anticipating the most next to my SJ5.
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Beepo":i02n9m0j]Any details on the options? Isn't Sheldon a bit strict these days on the options list for Zs?[/quote:i02n9m0j] Yes, I can give a quick run-down of the options that my Z will have. The basics: -OBP-1 preamp with hybrid passive treble -New electronics package with FD-3 Mach II and switching -Maple neck,maple fretboard -additional inlays -"Premium Select" body top, with matching pickup covers and matching headstock veneer. -Old voodoo shape body -custom finish, with matching headstock, pickups, etc. I'd rather not go into detail at this point about the finish, inlays, etc. but I've mentioned it before, so you could do a bit of searching and you could get a decent idea...otherwise, stick around and you'll see when it's closer to completion! :D
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Any details on the options? Isn't Sheldon a bit strict these days on the options list for Zs?
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Beepo":3jicy1l8]Was the "NewOldStock" Voodoo-Z2 for you, Burning Skies? Has it caught up with the rest of the class? How did it turn out/pictures? Beepo[/quote:3jicy1l8] [quote="guitarded":3jicy1l8] Yeah. Where is it? Mark[/quote:3jicy1l8] Well
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Beepo":151bzszt]Was the "NewOldStock" Voodoo-Z2 for you, Burning Skies? Has it caught up with the rest of the class? How did it turn out/pictures? Beepo[/quote:151bzszt] Yeah. Where is it? Mark
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Was the "NewOldStock" Voodoo-Z2 for you, Burning Skies? Has it caught up with the rest of the class? How did it turn out/pictures? Beepo
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Beepo":5n6u57v1]Still missing three basses here from the original groupshot.. What happened to the blue one..? :)[/quote:5n6u57v1] The blue one belongs to dsokoll, and has been delivered to him, I believe. It only leaves a few others.
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Beepo":pcnvxrbh]Still missing three basses here from the original groupshot.. What happened to the blue one..? :)[/quote:pcnvxrbh] Yeah, and the Voodoo, also. And what about Scarecrow's brain? Mark
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Still missing three basses here from the original groupshot.. What happened to the blue one..? :)
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
haha, pm :D
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Ya tak...en liten shlurk om yag for bay...
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Tja, du vet.. Samler p
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Beepo":19widsmp]Hi everybody! I'm new here, after having followed the forum closely the last month. I have just ordered my first Dingwall, and I'm kinda having trouble with the 2 year waiting time, especially when I see beautiful Z2's like this green one.. Droolin':o Not too many Z2's around here, is this a particularly rare model?? Beepo, Oslo, Norway.[/quote:19widsmp] pen samling i signaturen der! skjelden
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Beepo Congratulations on your order. The FD3's will give you every bit of the Stingray tone, as well as outstanding P tone (with superb clarity in the lows) and then some. The Jaco tone influence (but with a full sound and great clarity) lies closer to the Super Fatties IMHO (my ears say so :oops: ). A full review of the Z3 as well as the Super Fatties will be available in couple of weeks. My FRB Z3 has more options available (without even touching the pre) than any other bass available
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Yeah, I've noticed you have a few Dings in your Wall, Fullrange :wink: Most people talk about the Musicman-tone of the Z2's, but is it possible to get a decent Jaco-tone with it also? It should be OK as long as you can solo the bridge-pickup..? I have ordinary FD-3's on order, how do these compare to the new Super Fatties? Thanx, guys! Beepo
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
The Z2 is not as common as a Z1 but it's a great bass really. I own three Z2's so far!!!
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!