Saturday, 23 February 2008
  0 Replies
  5.7K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
We've got a nice run of Z's going at the moment. Another one to start soon. Some of you may recognize these bodies already.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Dealers book production slots with us. If you order from a dealer that has a slot that's coming up and is not taken, it can shorten the order time. We are also changing the way we structure our production runs that should reduce the Z build times. We have started gluing up Zs, SJ's, ABII's and ABZ's. I'm stretched pretty thin these days (still setting up the new shop etc.) so will offer up some photos a little later.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello, Ordered mine in June 2007, no sign of it yet, no contact to check details. Well, must be a lesson in patience I guess. Best, Chris
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hey, I ordered my Z in April 2008.. Latest I heard was building around new year.. Is there a queue-skipping trick I have missed somewhere? :shock:
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Yeah, this is my first. I know I'm lucky to be getting it this soon, I was certainly initially expecting 2 years+ so it was an awesome surprise when I went into the store and was told they were pretty much ready to start building it.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hey Cheamo count yourself lucky if Sheldon is building yours now after ordering it last August. I ordered my Z3 at NAMM 2008 and he is building mine now I hope. He hasn't called me yet to discuss color but I guess that is one of the last items to discuss. Most everything else has been resolved. I'm looking forward to seeing some pics to. My wait hasn't really been that bad as I continue to love and play my PA. Enjoy your Dingwall when you get it if this is your first.
Attachments (1)
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Going to be any pics of the current Z's getting built? I have to say I'm so excited for mine to be done. For some reason I had no problem waiting the rest of the time since I ordered it in August, and I expected it to be a lot longer than this until it started getting built. That seemed like no problem to wait, but now that it's not too far off and I went in last week and picked out my top I find that I can hardly wait and I spend much of my looking at other pictures of dingwalls on the internet.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Actually, I had forgotten all about doing one until just the other day! One of the next times I have some free minutes I'll take a shot. I'll also try to get some real live gig pics this week! :D
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="guitarded":1lqvarku]Let's see that crazy Rastaburst again, please. [b:1lqvarku]Why no Rastabass avatar?[/b:1lqvarku] Mark[/quote:1lqvarku] My MOST beloved Dingwall is my "Uber Alles" Prima. Not much of a looker but one hell of a player at all levels, so I can relate to BurningSkies over his avatar (unless his reasoning is way different but still I'd love to listen)
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Let's see that crazy Rastaburst again, please. Why no Rastabass avatar? Mark
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="devon":16uozaee]hey burningskies, i recently posted some pics of your bass on my facebook profile, as I am very proud of the work i put into it. i got more responses from my friends than on any bass i have been part of making. one friend simply replied "devo, this is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen." good to know the rastaburst is being fully appreciated, cheers.[/quote:16uozaee] Awesome! I really do LOVE it and I really appreciate all the work that everyone at the shop did on it. Yesterday was the first time I opened the back panel (probably the only time!) and was very pleased to see how neatly it was wired, shielded and arranged! Of course, just what I'd expect. Thanks for posting so that I can thank you personally! Just so I know, what's your part of the process? :D
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
hey burningskies, i recently posted some pics of your bass on my facebook profile, as I am very proud of the work i put into it. i got more responses from my friends than on any bass i have been part of making. one friend simply replied "devo, this is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen." good to know the rastaburst is being fully appreciated, cheers.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Good question. When I'm home and just kicking around, I play passive. When I'm playing with the band, and I'm in a setting where I've got a lot going on, I play active. Its a bit of a trade-off, as with the active. I like the punch that the passive setting has, and the active setting definitely neuters that a bit...but I tend to like to ride the EQ throughout the evening when playing with the band (both low and high in extremely small adjustments).
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hey BurningSkies. Do you play it more in Active or Passive mode? I find myself playing passive 99% of the time
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Sheldon and everyone! Just a quick update on my Rastaburst. Today, about 5+ months after receiving my Z, I changed my strings for the first time. I also took it as an opportunity to really give the bass a good once-over cleaning just to keep it in top condition. :D After almost half a year of not playing another bass, of gigging it, practicing daily (or nearly) and plenty of rehearsing with it I can say it has no wear on it at all. Still glassy, smooth and new. I was particularly interested to see if it would wear on the fretboard (luckily, I've for years worked on having a lighter and lighter touch, and Dingwall basses make this very easy), but there's not a mark. I was concerned that I might 'dig in' to one of those beautiful spalted block inlays, but they're pristine! I worried about the pickup covers too, but they're unmarked (I did lower them by about 3/4 of a turn when I received the bass) I love the Z bridge, those pins holding the strings by the ball end do a great job of making sure that the strings don't spin while 'setting' and winding. I love the fact that the neck doesn't need any waxing and cleans up very quickly and easily and is just as smooth and fast as the day I picked it up for the first time. I think that at about the 6 month mark, I can say that I'm out of the honeymoon phase, and I don't find myself loving this bass any less. I've even gotten several unsolicited email and message offers to buy the bass, to which I've been nothing but affronted and insulted by! Anyway the bass feels great and sounds great. While I mainly play reggae, which means lots of lows, I actually don't roll off that much high (really just a quick small fraction does it)...When I'm not playing with the band, I do love the nice punchy full range sound of the bass set flat! The arm contour is just perfect and makes playing very comfy ergonomically. This week I got my recording set-up back in the practice room, and after listening back to the bass in a nice clean 'live' recording, it really shines. I didn't feel the need to add any post-recording EQ to get it to the right place. This really is 'my' bass now and I have no 'should have', 'what if's' or any other regrets. Oh, and my singer actually gets misty when I pull it out of the bag (he's a dread from Ghana)... :wink:
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Funkshwey":37abqtp3]Very cool pic.[/quote:37abqtp3] that right there is god, playing bass.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
YES!!!! I second that thought. Anything new on the workbench?
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I want more group shots!! :wink: Any good runs of fresh axes coming along at the moment?
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
+1 on that!!
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Sklar is soooo cool! He should get his own thread in here with pictures of him and his Ding's :)
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
LOL.. looks like gandalf from LOTR!! :D great photos indeed!!
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!