Saturday, 23 February 2008
  0 Replies
  5.8K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
We've got a nice run of Z's going at the moment. Another one to start soon. Some of you may recognize these bodies already.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Oh thanks! Cool should be here by my birthday :D 8)
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Cheamo":166hri96]Don't mean to be a bother, but is there any update on the status of these?[/quote:166hri96] They are nearing completion. Roughly 2-3 weeks out.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Don't mean to be a bother, but is there any update on the status of these?
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thank you Sheldon!!! I believe mine is the first one?
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Sheldon is flawless in his communication, from start to finish (apart from creating the best basses, ever). I can only add that I've given Sheldon, many times over, headaches and he is that nice that he still accepts orders from me 8) Dingwall Sales is a great guy too and makes orders ever so easy.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thank you to two of the most knowledgeable people in the Dingwall building process.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Ideally all the details are confirmed when the order is placed. When we start working on a build list, it really helps when everything is in order and we can get to work. In that case, you get a call or an email to let you know that we're about to start. If we have any questions we'll ask them before starting. Often a production slot is booked with the details to be worked out prior to the build. In this case, the more details and options that are already locked down, the better. If you're waiting on your turn and don't have all the options confirmed, feel free to contact Dingwall Sales to update your order.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Verify, discuss along the way (if any problem arises, or any new ideas are incorporated in the design), updates and then you receive the bass
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
So, do you verify every detail prior to the actual build starting? i.e. electronics layout, fret markers, fret board materiel, actual wood selection for the body? Or, do you discuss your order details and then that's it until you get your bass?
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="XTCINXS":3hqn8lr6]Question for those of you that have ordered Primas and Z3s: once the order is placed, how much additional communication do you have with the powers that be until you receive your bass? i.e. is it alot or is it: order it and then one day it shows up?[/quote:3hqn8lr6] When the order starts materializing, Sheldon gets in touch with the buyer and sets every issue on the table. Never I had any problem with any of my Dingwall orders (and trust me that I've been more than half a dozen times a VERY demanding customer)
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Sheldon, while very busy, is really good about providing updates during the build. You're talking about a long wait time, though, so be patient. Mark
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Question for those of you that have ordered Primas and Z3s: once the order is placed, how much additional communication do you have with the powers that be until you receive your bass? i.e. is it alot or is it: order it and then one day it shows up?
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="XTCINXS":2efbbqwc]Thank you for the photos.[/quote:2efbbqwc] +1
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thank you for the photos.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Yay, pics! Last one is mine I'm fairly certainnn.... Looks awesome.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Which one is Fullrange's? :wink: Mark
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Here are some shots of the first run of Z bodies to get machined in the new shop and on the "newish" CNC machine. Although the CNC is still pretty "Ghetto", I reinforced the frame and built a new gantry. The difference in the quality of cut is amazing. By the way, the Ash top Z is available. Dingwall Sales will be actively marketing it once it's finished the machining stage so if you're interested, contact him before the end of the week. It's really hard to tell at this stage, but the curves have been further refined on the 5-string body shape. We're talking subtleties down to the tens of thousandths in some cases, but overall I'm pretty happy with the results.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I'll jump on as well, and reiterate......its well worth the wait. Just try and get it out of your head-- until you get the "phone call"- then-only then- start counting the days. It took 2yrs plus for the SuperJ's to materialize and we're starting 3yrs on the mythical SPYKER
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="xrob":2bik8p2v]Guys, I waited nearly three years for mine. During that time, Sheldon broke his ankle and about 10 other things happened along the way. In other words, life happens. My advice: when you order it, try and forget about it (I know it's hard, but it's the best way). That way, when it's actually close, you'll be more excited. It was a looooong wait for mine, but I have to tell you, it's been more than worth it. Rob [/quote:2bik8p2v] You are correct! It is well worth the wait...Don't even dwell upon it until you hear that it's started production...
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Guys, I waited nearly three years for mine. During that time, Sheldon broke his ankle and about 10 other things happened along the way. In other words, life happens. My advice: when you order it, try and forget about it (I know it's hard, but it's the best way). That way, when it's actually close, you'll be more excited. It was a looooong wait for mine, but I have to tell you, it's been more than worth it. Rob [quote="basstolero":lwe6aix1]Hello, Ordered mine in June 2007, no sign of it yet, no contact to check details. Well, must be a lesson in patience I guess. Best, Chris[/quote:lwe6aix1]
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!