Saturday, 23 February 2008
  0 Replies
  5.8K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
We've got a nice run of Z's going at the moment. Another one to start soon. Some of you may recognize these bodies already.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Wow, that's gorgeous! You don't see too many Z1s.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Sheldon Dingwall":3efxwvpg]This one leaves home tomorrow.[/quote:3efxwvpg] eheehehehe it's mine! :D 8) so excited for tomorrow Midterms seems like a bad time to get a new bass though :? Oh well just have to make it up on finals
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
This one leaves home tomorrow.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="TheGrandEnigma":1zmxyx0w]So when you get your Z1and I get my combustion you and I are getting together or what? :P[/quote:1zmxyx0w] Didn't see this, but I'm up for it, I'd love to play a combustion... and maybe some raving rabbids too haha. Underdog always seems to sell any Dingwalls they get in stock before I get a chance to try them out anyways >_> otherwise I think I'd be in there all the time playing until mine was finished.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Beautiful bass. I've always been weak for blue-maple.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks a lot guys! Yes, she is a beauty and plays extremely easy. I never played a Z2, so I can't tell the difference to the Z3, but I guess there is just a bit more variety in tone. But what is stunning is, how fast the attack of the bass is and how much in the face the sound is. Must be the ash/maple combination and of course the excellent quality of the wood and hardware. The Super Fatties fit that sound very well. I don't have to talk about string to string tension being perfect and the B-string being earthshaking, do I? The Glockenklang electronics sound a lot more natural to me than the Aguilar. The active and passive sounds are not that different, it is just the more opportunities you have there. All in all she is a dream bass and she loves my Mesa 400+ combination with the 3x12" SAD and the 1x15" cabs. Dear Sheldon, thank you very much for building this bass, I'll do my best to give her a good home! Chris
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Wow! Beautiful!
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hey Chris, Great to hear you like your new bass. It sounds like it's found a good home.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="davio":17j4v7al]Stunning![/quote:17j4v7al] +1, beautiful bass
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Very nice! How do you like the Z3?
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Stunning!
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
That is a beautiful bass you got there, Eric! The quilt/WPB is a gorgeous combination I think.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
... and then ... Chris
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
... and a few more. Chris
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello there, O.k., get ready for pics! Beepo, yes they come in a gigbag in a good cardboard box. Not sure about shipping and carrier, as I ordered the bass through a dealer/distributor, so it arrived from within Europe via DHL. But I guess shipping from Canada will be somewhere in between 150 and 300 Euros, depending on the carrier.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I really look forward to seeing the red Z3 w/the ash top all put together.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="basstolero":2pswzfaz]Hello, It arrived of course perfectly set up. Chris[/quote:2pswzfaz] I'm just wondering, as I have my first Dingwall arriving in a few weeks time: How are the Zs shipped? They come in a gigbag, right, and I assume the bag is in a box or something? Also, how much is the shipping to Europe at the moment, and what carrier does Sheldon use? Thanks! Beepo
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Chris, WOW, two new Z-Basses in one week in Germany. Great Bass, can`t wait to see the pictures. H.P.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello, Last Friday's been a day to remember. I received my new Dingwall, number 4 in the stable. It is the whale pool blue Z3 in the middle (both neck and body) of the pics on page 23 of this thread. Well you all know the quality of Sheldon's products, anyhow it is stunning how great this bass is. It arrived of course perfectly set up with superlow action that shows a quality in fretwork you won't find too often on the market - playing is so easy, the bass literaly plays itself. I'll take pics later this week to show you the awesome 3 D effect of the qulited maple top. For now to Sheldon and his crew: THANKS A LOT FOR THIS PIECE OF ART! and just WOW! Chris
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Eric_Mozer":wqdcrfxf]I'm happy that I can say the Flamed Z2 is mine. :D So easy to play, and the sound is just amazing. I love this Bass so much. The Woods have a high quality and the haptic of all is great. The Vintage-switch is very cool. 8) greets Eric[/quote:wqdcrfxf] Hey Eric. Glad you like it.
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!