Monday, 10 October 2005
  0 Replies
  5K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
but it's so much easier on a Dingwall. [img:3rioon4n]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a315/guitarded99/guitarded.jpg[/img:3rioon4n]
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="TwoPort":3fxko4mt]Corporate gig.[/quote:3fxko4mt] nice tie, cant see much of the bass tho :mrgreen:
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Phoncible":2bi4ns5i]fullrange/ville's, now mine z. first z used on grind tour? [img:2bi4ns5i]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/Phoncible/kaizmall.jpg[/img:2bi4ns5i][/quote:2bi4ns5i] Awesome photo, love the t-shirt, too!
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
^ That photo also just happens to show what a headless Z would look like.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
haha, kick ass!
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Phoncible":3c63wp80]haha, kick ass![/quote:3c63wp80] I love the attitude that picture portrays, right down to the sign language in the right hand. Keep Rockin'
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="TwoPort":27rsuh3q][quote="guitarded":27rsuh3q]I gotta get my drummer one of those plexi shields! Mark[/quote:27rsuh3q] Drummers hate them but they keep the cymbals out of the vocal mics...[/quote:27rsuh3q] Two Port, which bass you using there? Next time I'm in your neck of the woods I'll bring my Z3 by for you to check out. Thanks to you again for letting me try yours out. Mine, also, turned out fantastically well. Mark, I've threatend the plexi shield lately. Even had one on hold to rent. I got a HUGE negative reaction from the whole band to the idea mainly because nobody wanted our drummer (one of the world's nice guys) semi shut off from the rest of us on stage. Oh well, the cymbals continue to dominate at times and my ears also continue to ring.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Phoncible, I always liked that bass, from even before its time in Greece. It was the inspiration for my fret markers (see photo on previous page in this thread). In fact, if I had not already spec'd my Z1 when Fullie was looking to sell, we would have been fighting over it. Congratulations!!
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
thanks for compliments! Who had it before Fullie? I've always thought he had it first, hehe. Some Talkbasser (wild guess)? I cannot fathom how it is possible for a bass to go through owners like that but still stay completely fucking mint! Could have guessed it's barely been played, but it obviously has, even out of battery right after i bought it, hah.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello, So here's my recently aquired superawesome bronze SuperJ, formerly owned by funkaholic. I received nothing but compliments on looks and sound of the bass ... and of course a few questions about the "strange" frets. This was a gig at the best club in my hometown, the Jazzhaus Freiburg, on April 24th.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
... and action!
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
"Two Port, which bass you using there? -- Hey John nice to hear from you! It's the Z2 Prima. Currently my favorite bass... (subject to change for another dingwall) Next time I'm in your neck of the woods I'll bring my Z3 by for you to check out. Thanks to you again for letting me try yours out. Mine, also, turned out fantastically well. -- I'd LOVE to see it. Does it have the next generation PU's? I've threatend the plexi shield lately. Even had one on hold to rent. I got a HUGE negative reaction from the whole band to the idea mainly because nobody wanted our drummer (one of the world's nice guys) semi shut off from the rest of us on stage. Oh well, the cymbals continue to dominate at times and my ears also continue to ring. --- You see it more and more now. People have an expectation of higher sound quality and it's not possible with cymbals saturating basically everything within 50 yards and a snare that red line's every mic. If every band member had the opportunity to try an mix the band it would change their perspective forever. Also once the band get's over the "shock" they also turn everything else down like 10 db and it's all back to normal just quieter... :lol:
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Phoncible":fbc59fbe]nice tie, cant see much of the bass tho :mrgreen:[/quote:fbc59fbe] Sorry... here's mo.
Attachments (1)
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="TwoPort":ma8ob23e] -- I'd LOVE to see it. Does it have the next generation PU's? --- You see it more and more now. People have an expectation of higher sound quality and it's not possible with cymbals saturating basically everything within 50 yards and a snare that red line's every mic. If every band member had the opportunity to try an mix the band it would change their perspective forever. Also once the band get's over the "shock" they also turn everything else down like 10 db and it's all back to normal just quieter... :lol:[/quote:ma8ob23e] Yes on the pickups. I still like the drum shield idea. Don't know if I'll ever be able to convince anybody else in the band, though. Talk to you later.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
The first shots of the Rastaburst in action...While I've been playing it out for a while now, we don't usually bring a camera. A small college 'cultural festival'...we do a lot of these shows since our singer is from Ghana and many of our songs are written in Ewe, his native language. The other dread on stage is a Jamaican dub-poet who opens up for us and we occasionally dub for: [img:1xkpixkl]http://homepage.mac.com/burningskies/.Pictures/Riddimwise1.jpg[/img:1xkpixkl] And really more of how you'd see the rastaburst in action (club show)...a little less impressive in this setting: [img:1xkpixkl]http://homepage.mac.com/burningskies/.Pictures/Riddimwise3.jpg[/img:1xkpixkl]
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Looks great!
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Very nice. I was just thinking yesterday how we needed to see a Rastaburst in action shot.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Smallmouth_Bass":1x09ude0]Very nice. I was just thinking yesterday how we needed to see a Rastaburst in action shot.[/quote:1x09ude0] It really does get used a lot. I use it for every rehearsal, for every show since I got it. Even my beloved AB-1 hasn't seen any play since it showed up in October. Its feeling like home to me. The live club shot is from a gig on Tuesday night down in Ithaca NY, and it KILLED. The other band's bass player had an old EB0 and an 8x10 with an SVT-4 Pro along with an Avalon U5 as a DI and I crushed. I pushed my usual lows, but ended up rolling off half the highs I usually use and I was still tight and punchy and fat as hell.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I was lucky enough to have the smoke machine placed right next to me on stage and they were blasting it throughout the night. Some pictures, you can barely even see the band it's that smokey! [img:30vl7cvo]http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w267/Smallmouth_Bass/20090207-012AbA.jpg[/img:30vl7cvo]
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
That's a really shallow stage...
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Yes, yes it was! And the subs were under the stage. It was so loud that I had to periodically move the monitor back into position because it was vibrating off. And I could feel the kick drum in my skull.
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!