Monday, 01 October 2007
  0 Replies
  1.3K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hello, I am new, so please be gentle. I recently bought a 2nd hand ABII, serial #4000. The documentation indicates it's the 500th bass built. I'd like to know some tech details about my bass. First of all, of course date of birth. Also which pickups it has? What is the wood (it has a figured top, probably bubinga pomele?). And since the seller couldn't provide allen keys, please tell me the necessary allen key sizes. Speaking of allen keys; I've already figured the one for truss rod adjustment. Since I changed the strings immediately, I needed to adjust the rod, the key's short end would fit in the cavity but it was impossible to turn it since the long end was touching the side of the cavity hole. Neither I could insert the long end of the key, because the neck pickup was preventing having a correct angle. At the end I had to remove the neck. I am a little bit puzzled. Can you tell me the correct procedure to do this? Thanks
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
That's awesome that you have #4000....even steven number!
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Brim":3kcmxxlc]That's awesome that you have #4000....even steven number![/quote:3kcmxxlc] Yeah! First time ever happened to me.. :D
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Congratulations on the new to you bass. It was assembled on 12/12/03. The body is Walnut, top and neck are Bubinga. FD3 pickups, Aguilar OBP-1 pre.
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Many thanks. And the allen sizes???
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="basadam":1sijrfpn]Many thanks. And the allen sizes???[/quote:1sijrfpn] Whoops, I missed that. 4 mm, 9/64", 7/64", 5/64" and 1/16". The truss-rod wrench is a ball-ended wrench blade that we custom bend in-house. With this wrench there is no need to remove the neck. A replacement set is fairly inexpensive even with postage to Turkey. Contact Dingwall Sales if you'd like one.
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
December 12, 2003? I thought we were just coming close to the number 4000 now. My Dingwalls are all under #4000 and the newest one is only about 3 months old.
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I was a bit surprised too, considering my 36XX dingwall is from 2005!
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Fingers crossed! My ABII will turn out to be something very special I guess... :D
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
At the time I figured I'd give it a special serial #. It seemed like it would take forever to reach 4000. Well, forever is getting pretty close. We should be at the 1000th this month.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!