New

Super P

Sunday, 13 November 2011
  0 Replies
  578 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
We've machined one prototype body to test out the tool paths, here are some photos of the second body. This will be the first one machined on the new CNC.
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
My ordered Super P has a black pickguard, badge and string tree and I like it. But, PLEASE, use black fixing screws for all of them, looks much better for me. :roll:
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Here's what we've come up with. (Groovemachine if you'd prefer the black badge we can accomodate as long as supplies last) The whole reason for the scallop has always been to define the flame shape on the edge of the headstock. I think this revision suggests the flame image a little stronger. Through careful programming, tool choices and order we're able to pull this off without increasing the burden on the sanding staff. Let me know what you think.
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
This is matching headstock heaven. I too prefer the looks of this over a badge (black of chrome), but I took it as a way to reduce on fabrication/tools etc. If this can be pulled off at (nearly) the same price, I largely prefer this look.
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I think it looks great!
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I like it.
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
It's a winner!! Love it! I particularly love the continuation of the flame into the tip of the headstock, great design and thanks for listening.
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I love it Sheldon. I'm hoping my Super P will be like it or maybe that's my headstock? Great work.
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Sheldon, You are a genius! It looks great!! SPF (fomerly GLF)
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Grand Wazoo":32dp161o]thanks for listening.[/quote:32dp161o] I was really attached to the badge concept, but I'm happier with this. Wouldn't have happened without a push (or two, or three) from you guys. So thanks for that. We all win now.
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="dsincjr":3ilfy9bp]I love it Sheldon. I'm hoping my Super P will be like it or maybe that's my headstock? Great work.[/quote:3ilfy9bp] That's not yours but I left yours blank until we finalized things so that you'd have the choice.
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thank you Sheldon. Yes I would like the headstock on my Super P to look as above with the routing and the Super P imprint. I like the more traditional look as well as more all wood look. Thank you for changing and holding mine out.
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="dsincjr":19pf10pn]Thank you Sheldon. Yes I would like the headstock on my Super P to look as above with the routing and the Super P imprint. I like the more traditional look as well as more all wood look. Thank you for changing and holding mine out.[/quote:19pf10pn] wise choice ;)
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I think it looks great, too. Amazing work as always, Sheldon.
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thumbs up from me. It's the little details like this that really highlight the quality of Dingwalls.
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I like it both ways. I've always loved the SJ headstocks, I can imagine it could be challenging to come-up with a design that's both classic, familiar enough, yet still original. I know Sheldon builds these weapons for peaceful purposes, but they've always kind of reminded me of these old fighter planes(the headstock that is)-
Attachments (1)
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Good job Sheldon. Forget the badge, I go with the new design!
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="groovemachine":trkoq5uh]Good job Sheldon. Forget the badge, I go with the new design![/quote:trkoq5uh] hehehe! You know it makes sense! [img:trkoq5uh]http://www.daviddalgleish.com.au/joomla/images/work/U_turn_permitted.jpg[/img:trkoq5uh]
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
So, I've had my ABZ for about a month now. I absolutely love it except that it is quite awkward when trying to use a pick. I don't always pick, but I play in a regularly gigging cover band that requires that style every so often. Can any of the Super P beta testers offer some experience on the matter??
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="barryaudio":227p3k4a]So, I've had my ABZ for about a month now. I absolutely love it except that it is quite awkward when trying to use a pick. I don't always pick, but I play in a regularly gigging cover band that requires that style every so often. Can any of the Super P beta testers offer some experience on the matter??[/quote:227p3k4a] When you say it's "quite awkward" do you mean it because the bridge it's slanted and palm muting is not as easy as it would be on a parallel bridge? If yes, then that is a mild issue but don't forget the strings are still perpendicular to the body as a normal bass (normal = no fanned frets) You need to apply a slightly different technique with your palm moving towards the neck ever so slightly when muting the higher strings. Otherwise practice makes perfect and your learning curve is depending on how much / often you play your ABZ but I suispect that within another 2 months you will adjust to it naturally and not even realize it anymore. And that goes for the ABZ / Super J and all other, no difference.
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Saying that I need to practice doesn't help. I am asking about the experience of Super P players. Thanks.
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!