New

Super P

Sunday, 13 November 2011
  0 Replies
  574 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
We've machined one prototype body to test out the tool paths, here are some photos of the second body. This will be the first one machined on the new CNC.
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Got it, Dingwall Sales. Thanks. I am impressed with the pricing on the basic PZ model. GAS building.....again.
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I'm thinking either an active 5, alder, fiesta red w/ black pearloid PG, maple board or an active 5, alder, two tone burst, b-w-b PG w morado board.
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Funkshwey":33fs0scj][quote="Sheldon Dingwall":33fs0scj]Thanks to David Swift for test driving the Super P on the New Years Eve show. This Jesse J song is nice and sparse which shows off Dave's total control of the pocket and the depth of the Super P lows. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA7dHUjoMsU[/quote:33fs0scj] That sounds really good.[/quote:33fs0scj] That sir, is an understatement! :lol: That low B is sweeeet!
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Email sent to Dingwall Sales.
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="BuffaloBob":dbu2389v]I'm thinking either an active 5, alder, fiesta red w/ black pearloid PG, maple board or an active 5, alder, two tone burst, b-w-b PG w morado board.[/quote:dbu2389v] For me it's gotta be a 4-String, passive, rosewood fretboard, Shoreline Gold, vintage white PG.
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Here are some shots of the Super P for NAMM. We've finalized the headstock badge which replaces the scallop. I'm not sure it's saved any labor but it sure looks cool. I've always loved the old Lucite parts on Gretsch's and such. The string tree has been tweaked. I've been getting into 50's Jet-age hood ornaments lately and they definitely influenced the new tree. The coolest thing is probably the new passive tone circuit. It's basically a blend between a tone cap and our bluEQube with a center detent (flat). The P is really mid-heavy, being able to pull some of the mids out and sweeten things up really adds to the versatility.
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Yeah Sheldon
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
That is one [i:1rbsue34]hot[/i:1rbsue34] bass. Nice work, Sheldon and co. :)
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
oh yeah baby a perfect match for my Soopa-doopa J AMEN! [img:11spb4f6]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r200/xt660/Dingwall%20Super%20J/b11410ce.jpg[/img:11spb4f6]
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Looks great, Sheldon!
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Not my favorite colour options, but a nice bass for sure! Available in 4 str? with X tops?
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
So does that mean that either the scoop of the plaque are available on the headstock? Or is it scoop for SJ and plaque for SP? And can you get it like SP5 prototype with just the outline cut?
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Is fretless not an option for the Super P?
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Has the weight been posted for the SP5? I couldn't find it.
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Sheldon Dingwall":2sb670qi]Hey GW, thanks for the kind words. No plans for a PJ at the mo. We are considering a Swamp Ash open grained satin finish version like an ABZ as well as a gloss version. I'd like to hear some thoughts on that.[/quote:2sb670qi] A Swamp Ash open grained satin finish version would be great, exactly what I want!
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Mark L":2ml2chdp]Has the weight been posted for the SP5? I couldn't find it.[/quote:2ml2chdp] I don't recall the weights but they'd be in the 8.5 lb range for the Alder version and less for the Z (swamp ash) version.
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Please post pics of the Dingwall NAMM display when it is set up. We have seen the Super P and await the rest....
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Well this morning I finally got to try Dave's Super P as he kindly invited me to his home, I must say I am extremely impressed. Would you believe I took my good camera along only to realize I had left the memory stick in my pc at home so I could only take a few crappy pics with my iphone I was so cross with myself for not checking the camera before leaving. Anyway here are some shots of the Super P [img:2ilp2unp]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r200/xt660/5d9f4fc2.jpg[/img:2ilp2unp] [img:2ilp2unp]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r200/xt660/67ca06ea.jpg[/img:2ilp2unp] [img:2ilp2unp]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r200/xt660/88ecef0c.jpg[/img:2ilp2unp] [img:2ilp2unp]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r200/xt660/b4ca6667.jpg[/img:2ilp2unp] This Dingwall Super P is a wonderful player, extremely well setup and with a superb resonance even unplugged, we tried it through Dave's Aguilar amp and cabs and it was total bliss, the John East P Retro really works well with this bass and Dave showed me the setup he uses with Jooles Holland's band and it's a real deep thumping old school sound with plenty of dynamics and a sound that fills the room with a well defined presence. I think me trying this bass was the final deciding factor whether I would order one or not, and I am leaning 100% towards putting down my order. Sheldon managed to keep the weight below the 8lbs mark and overall body and neck are well balanced. After a brief trial with DR Strings on the D & G strings Dave has gone back to a full set of Super J's strings because he finds them to the best set for the bass after all. There were a lot of other basses around the room including a fantastic Fodera Anthony Jackson signature model, I am not a fun of 6 strings basses but I did like that Fodera, great looking bass. Anyway going back to the Super P really if you get a chance try one plugged in into a decent amp and you will be pleasantly surpirised by its tone and ease of playing.
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Does he have to take the pick guard off the change the battery or is it recharged through the output jack? Edit: OK, I found it back in November. Sheldon said, "the battery is a custom Lipo with an included charger."
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="bassofthe":1f1h2c4a]Is fretless not an option for the Super P?[/quote:1f1h2c4a]Bumping this question.
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!