Tuesday, 15 July 2014
  0 Replies
  305 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
New processes and quality checks implemented in the current run of NG-2 and Combustion basses have caused production to take longer than expected while the factory does some minor re-tooling and adopts the new processes. 35 basses will be shipping this week. We will be receiving them in mid August and will go through quality check and setup as quickly as we can. The basses will be shipped in the order that the orders were received. We will be processing approximately 2 per day. The remainder of this shipment will arrive mid to late September and again will be processed at approximately 2 per day. The second run is expected to arrive in late October. We will be processing those at approximately 2 per day. This is a big run so will take a couple of months to get everything out. We will be contacting customers as soon as we receive the shipment and do an initial quality inspection. We will contact them again once we've fully inspected and set up their bass and are able to ship. Sorry for the delay in getting these out. The increased quality will be worth it though.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Apparently, as an early birthday gift, my wife has arranged for my new Swamp Ash Combustion to be delivered in a Dingwall logo gig bag! Gotta love that girl... Carp.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I put my NG-2 deposit down in May, at first I was a bit worried as to whether I could scrape the cash together by September... End of October arrives and I had enough for an ABZ... I love the crap out of it but I seriously do envy those who are getting Ferrari red NG-2's! I feel all your pain, waiting patiently for what is likely to be the best bass ever... ;) Hope you all enjoy! Michael.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Carp.":2guwhp47]Apparently, as an early birthday gift, my wife has arranged for my new Swamp Ash Combustion to be delivered in a Dingwall logo gig bag! Gotta love that girl... Carp.[/quote:2guwhp47] Nice !! Santa better treat her well this Christmas!!
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
refreshing my email inbox every 2 minutes doesn't seem to help. Nothing from Sheldon yet.... Carp.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Any updates on this batch? Are you guys getting through them? What's up? Carp.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I talked with Jean at L&M in Vancouver, BC. And he said they're getting a shipment end of Nov. I'm just guessing that the basses are sitting in the snow somewhere in Alberta.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Ordered an NG-2 today from Bass NW. Anxiously awaiting updates on Ferrari Yellow!!!
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Sheldon…that Swamp Ash is gorgeous!!!! I like the darker neck with it too. What is the neck wood and is that standard or is that a custom order? Thanks!
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Combustions are available in both maple fretboards or the darker Rosewood (Plantation grown in Indonesia).
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I ordered my Ferrari Yellow NG-2 a couple of months ago... make that almost 3 months, time really flies when you're waiting for your bass to arrive... :) It's coming to Chile thanks to Solocuerdas.cl, and it probably will be one of the few Dingwalls available here, even tho I've been interested in Dingwall since 2009 (I even have a quote for a custom Z from back then... I still haven't won the Lotery so it's something I still dream about) Anyway, being a Dingwall fan, and also a (fellow Chilean effects master) Darkglass fan, pulling the trigger for a NG-2 was a no brainer... We (the people at Solocuerdas and I) are counting the days to get those first NG-2s and get our filthy hands all over them. Any idea when they'd arrive?
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="huido":176cyka3]I ordered my Ferrari Yellow NG-2 a couple of months ago... make that almost 3 months, time really flies when you're waiting for your bass to arrive... :) It's coming to Chile thanks to Solocuerdas.cl, and it probably will be one of the few Dingwalls available here, even tho I've been interested in Dingwall since 2009 (I even have a quote for a custom Z from back then... I still haven't won the Lotery so it's something I still dream about) Anyway, being a Dingwall fan, and also a (fellow Chilean effects master) Darkglass fan, pulling the trigger for a NG-2 was a no brainer... We (the people at Solocuerdas and I) are counting the days to get those first NG-2s and get our filthy hands all over them. Any idea when they'd arrive?[/quote:176cyka3] Would love to know this as well. Just an Eta on about what month the next batch of yellow ng-2s would be awesome.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Yea, my self-bought graduation present will soon become my self-bought Christmas present, hopefully, it doesn't become a self-bought birthday presesnt! >:D
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="StanTurpentine":2c6pergv]Yea, my self-bought graduation present will soon become my self-bought Christmas present, hopefully, it doesn't become a self-bought birthday presesnt! >:D[/quote:2c6pergv] The sensible option would be to order one for each occasion! I bought an ABZ to cure me of D.A.S. I still really want a red combustion though... One day I'll get one ;)
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Mr ABZ":2zotirr5][quote="StanTurpentine":2zotirr5]Yea, my self-bought graduation present will soon become my self-bought Christmas present, hopefully, it doesn't become a self-bought birthday presesnt! >:D[/quote:2zotirr5] The sensible option would be to order one for each occasion! I bought an ABZ to cure me of D.A.S. I still really want a red combustion though... One day I'll get one ;)[/quote:2zotirr5] I already DID get another Combustion as an early Christmas present for myself. I'm waiting for my first Combustion to arrive!
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="huido":e3e8uhak]I ordered my Ferrari Yellow NG-2 a couple of months ago... make that almost 3 months, time really flies when you're waiting for your bass to arrive... :) It's coming to Chile thanks to Solocuerdas.cl, and it probably will be one of the few Dingwalls available here, even tho I've been interested in Dingwall since 2009 (I even have a quote for a custom Z from back then... I still haven't won the Lotery so it's something I still dream about) Anyway, being a Dingwall fan, and also a (fellow Chilean effects master) Darkglass fan, pulling the trigger for a NG-2 was a no brainer... We (the people at Solocuerdas and I) are counting the days to get those first NG-2s and get our filthy hands all over them. Any idea when they'd arrive?[/quote:e3e8uhak] We've got roughly 100 to disassemble, level the frets, re-assemble and setup that are ahead of the ones for Overdrive. I estimate being able to ship in late January to early February.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Acid666":3fltl7bd][quote="huido":3fltl7bd]I ordered my Ferrari Yellow NG-2 a couple of months ago... make that almost 3 months, time really flies when you're waiting for your bass to arrive... :) It's coming to Chile thanks to Solocuerdas.cl, and it probably will be one of the few Dingwalls available here, even tho I've been interested in Dingwall since 2009 (I even have a quote for a custom Z from back then... I still haven't won the Lotery so it's something I still dream about) Anyway, being a Dingwall fan, and also a (fellow Chilean effects master) Darkglass fan, pulling the trigger for a NG-2 was a no brainer... We (the people at Solocuerdas and I) are counting the days to get those first NG-2s and get our filthy hands all over them. Any idea when they'd arrive?[/quote:3fltl7bd] Would love to know this as well. Just an Eta on about what month the next batch of yellow ng-2s would be awesome.[/quote:3fltl7bd] The order we just received will take until late February for us to process every last order. We will be receiving another order in late March/early April (estimated) that will take the same 2 month period to get everything setup and shipped.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Had a transparent white Combustion leave the shop yesterday. This is the first one with this spec.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Sheldon Dingwall":2k8or806][quote="Acid666":2k8or806][quote="huido":2k8or806]I ordered my Ferrari Yellow NG-2 a couple of months ago... make that almost 3 months, time really flies when you're waiting for your bass to arrive... :) It's coming to Chile thanks to Solocuerdas.cl, and it probably will be one of the few Dingwalls available here, even tho I've been interested in Dingwall since 2009 (I even have a quote for a custom Z from back then... I still haven't won the Lotery so it's something I still dream about) Anyway, being a Dingwall fan, and also a (fellow Chilean effects master) Darkglass fan, pulling the trigger for a NG-2 was a no brainer... We (the people at Solocuerdas and I) are counting the days to get those first NG-2s and get our filthy hands all over them. Any idea when they'd arrive?[/quote:2k8or806] Would love to know this as well. Just an Eta on about what month the next batch of yellow ng-2s would be awesome.[/quote:2k8or806] The order we just received will take until late February for us to process every last order. We will be receiving another order in late March/early April (estimated) that will take the same 2 month period to get everything setup and shipped.[/quote:2k8or806] Awesome! Appreciate the response. You guys created a monster with these damn conbustions!
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
The white Combustion.... blew my mind. *ba dum pshhhhh* Seriously though, I love how it's not just some PR guy that's responding to us.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Got my Combustion V4 this Monday and I'm absolutely astonished by the build quality, finish and playability. This is my first Dingwall and I decided to go with the Combustion because it was the most affordable Dingwall I could put my hands on and was a bit skeptic on the fanned frets. I was like "well, if it doesn't work I'll pass it around" but now I'm like "Hell no! This is a beast!". The active/passive switch was something that I always looked for on my previous basses and the when the PuPs are set to Series it's just insane! I was also surprised with the 18v circuit which gives it some monster output. Had my first live session with it tonight and everyone was woooowing for the bass sound, and I didn't even use any pedals since I wanted to hear the true sound of it and fiddle with the different combinations of series/parallel/neck/bridge/active/passive. I have to say, these are not cheap toys (specially in Brazil) but I can't wait to try the other models like the Afterburners or the Super J.
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!