Tuesday, 15 July 2014
  0 Replies
  312 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
New processes and quality checks implemented in the current run of NG-2 and Combustion basses have caused production to take longer than expected while the factory does some minor re-tooling and adopts the new processes. 35 basses will be shipping this week. We will be receiving them in mid August and will go through quality check and setup as quickly as we can. The basses will be shipped in the order that the orders were received. We will be processing approximately 2 per day. The remainder of this shipment will arrive mid to late September and again will be processed at approximately 2 per day. The second run is expected to arrive in late October. We will be processing those at approximately 2 per day. This is a big run so will take a couple of months to get everything out. We will be contacting customers as soon as we receive the shipment and do an initial quality inspection. We will contact them again once we've fully inspected and set up their bass and are able to ship. Sorry for the delay in getting these out. The increased quality will be worth it though.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello EMoneySC2, and welcome to the forum! I went from an old Ibanez to a MTD Kingston, which kinda blew my mind (the MTD was an awesome bass, directly competing with the Combustion, at least in price point). Then I went to a Combustion expecting to be blown away and I was! The tone was crazy, and there were so many useful settings, contrasted with my other basses that I had to fight with to get a usable tone. Then and there I decided Dingwall was the only way to go. I now play an ABII 6er and I LOVE it! Take the plunge, it's worth it! (sorry for the derail) Why wasn't that Black burst available in the V1 comby? I might have changed colours. :P Looks AWESOME! Is that finish available on other models?
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I haven's seen one I like better than the first run Candy Apple Green. The second run Candly Tangerine would be a close second. That transparent blackburst is pretty cool though.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Kind of quiet here on the forum. Sheldon, any new Combustion V4 pics to placate those of us in the waiting room ? Lol
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Carp.":2y92h8ac]Kind of quiet here on the forum. Sheldon, any new Combustion V4 pics to placate those of us in the waiting room ? Lol[/quote:2y92h8ac] I think that black burst is the only one.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
The first batch of V4s are midway to Vancouver. We should see them in about two weeks.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
So how many of these batches are there in total? Just wondering cuz I just can't wait til I have a second Dingwall in my hands.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
We have one order in transit and another larger order in final assembly. All current orders are sold out, but many basses will be available though dealers. Our next order is due in early spring.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
oooooooOOOOooooo I hope my bass is in that first shipment.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Happy Thanksgiving up there.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks Carp. it was a good one. (Ouch my tummy)
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Been there and done that...lol. Hey did that shipment of Combustions get to you guys? How do they look? Carp.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
The shipment has arrived at the Port of Vancouver. We are just waiting on customs and transport to Saskatoon.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Understood. Thanks SD ! In excitement containment mode.... Carp.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I am also having a hard time containing my excitement! Sheldon, how are the green ng-2s coming along?
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
So, are there Combustion standards in there or are they all NG-2s?
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
We'll be receiving both Green NG-2's and Standard Combustions.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Sheldon Dingwall":170a4gfu]We'll be receiving both Green NG-2's and Standard Combustions.[/quote:170a4gfu] I'm so excited right now. I picked up an old Combustion (00026) a few months back and loving it. I simply can't wait.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
This is the green week? :mrgreen:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
In my mind I see a container of new Combustions being unloaded in Saskatoon...
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
They arrived on Monday. We've been going through them all for their initial quality inspection and they are off the charts great. The best yet. We are now disassembling, leveling frets and setting up. We'll start shipping next week.
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!