Tuesday, 15 July 2014
  0 Replies
  307 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
New processes and quality checks implemented in the current run of NG-2 and Combustion basses have caused production to take longer than expected while the factory does some minor re-tooling and adopts the new processes. 35 basses will be shipping this week. We will be receiving them in mid August and will go through quality check and setup as quickly as we can. The basses will be shipped in the order that the orders were received. We will be processing approximately 2 per day. The remainder of this shipment will arrive mid to late September and again will be processed at approximately 2 per day. The second run is expected to arrive in late October. We will be processing those at approximately 2 per day. This is a big run so will take a couple of months to get everything out. We will be contacting customers as soon as we receive the shipment and do an initial quality inspection. We will contact them again once we've fully inspected and set up their bass and are able to ship. Sorry for the delay in getting these out. The increased quality will be worth it though.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Bocete":3lwa1egl]Matte black re-released. Matte pickguard to boot. Matching headstock. I want it all[/quote:3lwa1egl] 3-band too.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
There's also one thing that I want to make sure is very clear. The pickguards on the NG-2 are Carbon Fiber [u:djhy44ey]print[/u:djhy44ey] not actual Carbon Fiber. Real Carbon Fiber would have been expensive for sure but more importantly with the slots in the guard, sooner or later people would be getting Carbon Fiber slivers in their fingers. I know from experience these don't work their way out eventually like a wood slivers do. If you want them out you have to dig them out.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
First Dingwall in Idaho? Anxiously awaiting delivery of my new Combustion V4 (natural) in November. Since the closest dealer to me is about 500 miles away, I am thinking I may end up having the only Ding in Idaho.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Welcome to the forum Carp. Getting a Dingwall is tricky without having a local dealer, but don't count out the dedication some fans have of Sheldon's basses. I don't doubt there may be other like-minded people like you in Idaho. (I wouldn't know one way or the other though.) When you get the bass, post pictures. The phrase that gets thrown around here is "no pictures, no bass. :P
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Anxious to see the Ferrari Green pictures! :) also in my hands too :D
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks GE, Been playing neck-thru's for the last 20 years or so. Hope I don't miss the sustain. I know I won't miss the weight... Can do on the pics. Can't wait to see it myself. Have not seen a V4 in natural over ash. Should be a looker...
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Me too JEMMX. Im getting antsy! :D
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Sustain? I don't think you should be worried: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtgsUIX-ql4
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Question about the V4 Combustions: All the combustion bodies are routed for the NG-2 pick up configuration? Would it be possible to get a V4 in a natural finish, with a dark fingerboard, an uncut pick guard, and the Darkglass pre? I am sure some of you can see where I am going with this...
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
The second half of the shipment is on it's way to us and should be arriving in our shop in about 3 weeks. Oct 15th, 2014 is the ETA. We'll have more green photos then. Customers will have to mod their own Combustions if they want a Darkglass pre-amp and NG-2 style pickup placement. We don't want to contribute to the lines blurring between the two models.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Here's a quick shot of the next batch being worked on. These are expected in November.
Attachments (1)
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Great shot, thanks Sheldon! Don't see too many naturals in there.....lol...
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Sheldon Dingwall":1nq6vcc6]Customers will have to mod their own Combustions if they want a Darkglass pre-amp and NG-2 style pickup placement. We don't want to contribute to the lines blurring between the two models.[/quote:1nq6vcc6] Good to know! Are there any pictures or info on the natural/trans finishes offered on the V4? Thanks!
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Sheldon Dingwall":1joha5wz]Here's a quick shot of the next batch being worked on. These are expected in November.[/quote:1joha5wz] I see my green one in there :P
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Deposit sent. V4 in black burst with RW fretboard. Is march here? Anyone have eq points for the EMG pre?
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
We haven't seen the 2-tone brown burst yet but the black burst NAMM sample looked pretty rad.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Sheldon Dingwall":14x1n1bd]We haven't seen the 2-tone brown burst yet but the black burst NAMM sample looked pretty rad.[/quote:14x1n1bd] Just when I think I'm finally set, you always manage to rope me back in! :lol:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Wow, that blackburst looks amazing! I'm new to this forum, by the way. I am a big fan of Dingwall basses, and I'm really looking forward to owning one of my own someday. Cheers!
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Its like everytime a picture gets posted, I have to order a new dingwall. For my banks sake, im going to have to block this forum. Ok, im really not.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Sheldon Dingwall":3snor78m]We haven't seen the 2-tone brown burst yet but the black burst NAMM sample looked pretty rad.[/quote:3snor78m] This finish is what sold me on the V4.
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!