Tuesday, 15 July 2014
  0 Replies
  311 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
New processes and quality checks implemented in the current run of NG-2 and Combustion basses have caused production to take longer than expected while the factory does some minor re-tooling and adopts the new processes. 35 basses will be shipping this week. We will be receiving them in mid August and will go through quality check and setup as quickly as we can. The basses will be shipped in the order that the orders were received. We will be processing approximately 2 per day. The remainder of this shipment will arrive mid to late September and again will be processed at approximately 2 per day. The second run is expected to arrive in late October. We will be processing those at approximately 2 per day. This is a big run so will take a couple of months to get everything out. We will be contacting customers as soon as we receive the shipment and do an initial quality inspection. We will contact them again once we've fully inspected and set up their bass and are able to ship. Sorry for the delay in getting these out. The increased quality will be worth it though.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Any idea on what the lead time is right now for an NG-2? I've been GAS-ing really hard for one the past few weeks. I definitely want to get one, but I'm not quite sure when I will be putting in an order.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
If you can find one at a dealer you'll avoid the wait. If you place an order right now you'll be looking at 6-8 months.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
6 to 8 months? Eeek...well that's my sanity in jeopardy!! Hopefully my 'local' dealer placed their order way before I put my deposit down - the one question I didn't ask was the estimated delivery. "All good things come to those that wait".
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Bugger...the NG2's delivered last week have gone to people who ordered before me. Its looking like July is when the next NG2 delivery is due...I'm properly sulking now. :? I'm like a 3 year old on Christmas Eve. :lol:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="amnesia":de3m40k1]I'm like a 3 year old on Christmas Eve. :lol:[/quote:de3m40k1] I am one of the lucky ones whose NG2 was delivered this week. I spent most of yesterday at the window just waiting for the UPS guy.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I'm sorry if this ha been answered before, but I saw a photo of an NG-2 with a rosewood or wenge fretboard. They were only maple previously, right? Is rosewood/wenge an option now?
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
We did one prototype with an Ebony board. It was going to be a problem to source ebony in the dimensions and quality we were looking for and Nolly preferred the tone of the maple anyway so maple is the only option.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Sheldon Dingwall":2gy6mw7n]We did one prototype with an Ebony board. It was going to be a problem to source ebony in the dimensions and quality we were looking for and Nolly preferred the tone of the maple anyway so maple is the only option.[/quote:2gy6mw7n] Alright, thanks for the clarification, Sheldon.
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!