Tuesday, 15 July 2014
  0 Replies
  308 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
New processes and quality checks implemented in the current run of NG-2 and Combustion basses have caused production to take longer than expected while the factory does some minor re-tooling and adopts the new processes. 35 basses will be shipping this week. We will be receiving them in mid August and will go through quality check and setup as quickly as we can. The basses will be shipped in the order that the orders were received. We will be processing approximately 2 per day. The remainder of this shipment will arrive mid to late September and again will be processed at approximately 2 per day. The second run is expected to arrive in late October. We will be processing those at approximately 2 per day. This is a big run so will take a couple of months to get everything out. We will be contacting customers as soon as we receive the shipment and do an initial quality inspection. We will contact them again once we've fully inspected and set up their bass and are able to ship. Sorry for the delay in getting these out. The increased quality will be worth it though.
8 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Boooo!!!! Just jokes Sheldon! I am sure it's for the best and will result in the best instrument possible. So just to clarify, I originally ordered an NG2 scheduled for a September delivery. Will these also be delayed or just the first batch? ..btw, will be more than happy if you send a Yellow NG2 with an Ebony board by accident to Australia! Regards
8 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks for the update Sheldon. I'm now crossing fingers that I ordered my NG2 quickly enough...
8 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Can you post some pics of the different variations of the combustion V4 please, when you get a chance, thanks.
8 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Will do.
8 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Any pics on what the NG-2 looks like in the gloss black finish? I think I have seen all the other colors but that one.
8 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
One of the first things we'll do when the basses arrive later this month is take an post photos.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hey Sheldon, Any updates on the green ones? I'm getting excited!
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
The first batch of green basses will be shipped to us in early September. Yellow, blue and black are on their way to us right now.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I just received word that the container ship has docked in Vancouver. The basses will be on a truck to our shop next week.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Yes! Great news!
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
We received the first partial shipment this week (Yellow, Blue and Black) and are now installing the Darkglass pre-amps, leveling frets, setting up etc. We will start shipping next week to the first orders on the list. Here are the photos of the Yellow and Blue. Black will get posted tomorrow.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Sheldon, what's happening with the Graph pickboard and the black tune machines? also when I made my order didn't see and wasn't clear the only maple option...
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
That yellow. Love it
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
That yellow is sweet, not sure at 50 i could pull it off :(
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="jemmx":28th94yp]Hi Sheldon, what's happening with the Graph pickboard and the black tune machines? also when I made my order didn't see and wasn't clear the only maple option...[/quote:28th94yp] The Carbon Fiber pattern didn't show up as well in these photos. I'll be taking some close ups in the next couple of days and posting them. The hardware color is Smoked Chrome. It's like a sexier version of Black Chrome. We did our best to communicate that ebony was on the prototype only. Ebony had supply problems in the lengths we need for our necks. If there's one thing I've experienced with wood is you never want to be forced into using sub-quality wood just because you're having trouble finding enough good stuff. In the end, maple will be more stable, without the cracking issues of ebony and most importantly produce the sound that Nolly has found mixes the best. Rosewood doesn't have stability or cracking problems but maple still sounds better for the style of music that these basses have been designed for.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thank you Sheldon! :)
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Here are some better shots of the pickguard and now the Black.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
The new C4 Matte Black with Matte Black pickguard, RW board and the new C4 Gloss Black with WBW pickguard, RW board.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Matte black re-released. Matte pickguard to boot. Matching headstock. I want it all
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Oh great! :x Now I want one of these, too! :mrgreen:
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!