Friday, 10 January 2014
  0 Replies
  120 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
We'll be posting photos of the NAMM 2014 basses in this thread. Starting with the new SJ5 3x. This one features an alder body, wenge wenge neck with matching headstock and a hipshot. The body features the new thinline depth (solid, no chambers), FD34L pickups and a 3-band Glock pre with individual series/parallel switches for each pickup.
8 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Wow.
8 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I am totally, completely and undeniably in love.
8 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Wow is right! That is one cool looking bass. What do you call that colour? It's like a metallic red wine. I noticed you have gone with the Y Key tuners, which is the first I have seen on the SuperJ.
8 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Never mind, I see that the file names call it Black Cherry.
8 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
It's not the exact color we were aiming for, but it evokes an emotion just the same. It makes me think of the 1920's and 30's.
8 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
This looks exactly like "midnight wine".
8 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
It's like a sleek and cool hotrod! I'd love to hear and play it.
8 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Here's the 2x version. Thinline body style (solid, not chambered), Custom FD3 pickups with the bridge pickup located in the 60's position vs the 70's position on the older SJ's. Available in passive, 2 band or 3 band with optional series/parallel switches for each pickup.
8 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Looks great Sheldon! Looking forward to getting mine in the late spring!
8 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I hope your coming to the Montreal Guitar Show this year with some of this stuff! It looks great!
8 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Smallmouth_Bass":1h3fis39]I hope your coming to the Montreal Guitar Show this year with some of this stuff! It looks great![/quote:1h3fis39] Dang, the MGS is no more.
8 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
As soon as we launched the Super P we started getting requests for a Super PJ. We spent a lot of time working out the bridge pickup and it's position. The results are that the pickups compliment each really nicely and the parallel combined tone is right on target.
8 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
That burst blue looks so good, especially with the high contrast between the pickups and hardware. That one will get noticed on every stage. Almost a color gradient on the fretboard too. Perfect
8 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Jeez…. gasp…. gape….choke….. this threads too much for a Dingwall junkie to bear… eyes roll back and passes out with big grin….theres some magic stuff in the water up there in Saskatoon, you guys are gonna killum at NAMM.
8 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Oh.....my...... Well done!!!
8 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
"As soon as we launched the Super P we started getting requests for a Super PJ." Actually, I asked for the SuperPJ-4 nearly 10 years ago. Glad to see it finally happened. I just missed the PJ version on my SP5, couldn't wait on it. :/
8 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Here's a Lee Sklar in a Dark Candy Purple. It looks almost black until you shine a light on it and then it's the color of a grape popsicle.
8 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
The new Afterburner HS. Solid bubinga body, choice of top (wenge in this case), wenge neck, wenge fretboard (macassar ebony on this model) and standard electronics. The HS stands for Heavy and Solid. Players who like the solid tone and crazy sustain of a heavier more aggressively aimed bass will appreciate what the HS has to offer. The average weight will be 10-11 lbs.
8 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Every time I think I make my mind up to get one of your "short scale" offerings, you build something like this ABHS..... I would so totally rock that! Magnifico!
8 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Sweet grain on that. I'd love the sustain, but I also like my chambers. I'd love to hear the difference.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!