Saturday, 23 February 2008
  0 Replies
  6.1K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
We've got a nice run of Z's going at the moment. Another one to start soon. Some of you may recognize these bodies already.
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="amodeo@mitre.org":2w6pdpmr]Personally, I'm anxiously awaiting the [b:2w6pdpmr]next [/b:2w6pdpmr]batch of Zs, which I hope will include mine.[/quote:2w6pdpmr] It sure will. You really need to consider the Super-Fatties :wink:
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Personally, I'm anxiously awaiting the [b:184ja5om]next [/b:184ja5om]batch of Zs, which I hope will include mine.
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
They look great That blue and the green are both pretty awesome!
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Sheldon Dingwall":2jfmvszp]It's been a while since this thread had an update. Here's a quick shot of the group in assembly.[/quote:2jfmvszp] :shock: Wow, they look like candy. Amazing finishes all, Sheldon. Thanks for the update. Looks like the 12th may be pushing it for delivery, but... Mark
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
It's been a while since this thread had an update. Here's a quick shot of the group in assembly.
Attachments (1)
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="guitarded":1y3m7w5l][quote="John H.":1y3m7w5l]Rob...Sweet!!! Mark, can't wait to see yours.[/quote:1y3m7w5l] Me either. :twisted: I've discovered what Fullrange knows better that all of us - the jones for delivery of subsequent Dingwalls is just as bad as with the first one! :o Mark[/quote:1y3m7w5l] That ain't good news... making a choice for the first one is already overwhelming... :)
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="John H.":1on5ku5m]Rob...Sweet!!! Mark, can't wait to see yours.[/quote:1on5ku5m] Me either. :twisted: I've discovered what Fullrange knows better that all of us - the jones for delivery of subsequent Dingwalls is just as bad as with the first one! :o Mark
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Very nice! I think that is [i:tvte8jxm]the[/i:tvte8jxm] nicest Z series bass I've seen so far.
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="xrob":3s1bxnpw]Hi everyone, Thanks to the efficiency of UPS expedited service, the bass arrived in VA yesterday. I was only able to play it for about a half an hour but it looks and sounds amazing. I will hopefully post a more in-depth review this weekend after I've been able to really get down-n-dirty with it. Compared to my Afterburner, this bass is light-years ahead. The construction, fit, finish and look are incredible. The photos just do not do it justice, especially when it comes to the color and the buffalo inlay. Sheldon & crew have really done a fantastic job on this one. Sheldon, while I'm thinking about it, is this officially Z3 #2? That would go in step with my Afterburner I, which was the 2nd one you built. Rob[/quote:3s1bxnpw] Great to hear it's in your hands and you're digging it. This is Z3 #2. Or you could say the first production version. Have fun this weekend.
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi everyone, Thanks to the efficiency of UPS expedited service, the bass arrived in VA yesterday. I was only able to play it for about a half an hour but it looks and sounds amazing. I will hopefully post a more in-depth review this weekend after I've been able to really get down-n-dirty with it. Compared to my Afterburner, this bass is light-years ahead. The construction, fit, finish and look are incredible. The photos just do not do it justice, especially when it comes to the color and the buffalo inlay. Sheldon & crew have really done a fantastic job on this one. Sheldon, while I'm thinking about it, is this officially Z3 #2? That would go in step with my Afterburner I, which was the 2nd one you built. Rob
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="xrob":3thy4o3n]Hey Bob, Grew up in Snyder (went to ACHS) and still have family in the area. I'm a Bills & Sabres fan for life, even though I'm in DC now (and have been for 13 years). I still get back to Buffalo for at least one Bills game a year as I have season tickets (which I'll never give up). I also usually catch the Sabres in Buffalo or down here in DC when they play the Caps. I'm optimistic about their playoff chances, but hey, it's Buffalo... Rob[/quote:3thy4o3n] I was born and raised in Eden, and now live in Hamburg. I had moved away for many years and moved back when my Dad became terminally ill a couple of years back. As Bills and Sabres fans, we are gluttons for punishment! Well, maybe when you come to town for a Bills game this fall, we'll have to tailgate. Of course, you could bring that Z3 with you as well!! :twisted:
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Rob, Awesome bass! Congratulations!
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Wow! That was Waaaaay faster than I thought! It looks GREAT!!!!
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
....and another unique work of art! :shock: My compliments to the artist and the very happy new owner! H.P.
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hey Bob, Grew up in Snyder (went to ACHS) and still have family in the area. I'm a Bills & Sabres fan for life, even though I'm in DC now (and have been for 13 years). I still get back to Buffalo for at least one Bills game a year as I have season tickets (which I'll never give up). I also usually catch the Sabres in Buffalo or down here in DC when they play the Caps. I'm optimistic about their playoff chances, but hey, it's Buffalo... Rob
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="xrob":pt5ypqcm]Not just planned, it's already done. As a native Buffalonian, I went old school. Wenge fingerboard, matching headstock. It's nice. Here is a photo of the inlay done by Ron Thorn in California, and also of the custom headstock (inlay done by Sheldon).[/quote:pt5ypqcm] I guess this answers my question! I missed this earlier post. What town you from here?
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="xrob":18sg13gz]Come to daddy... Almost 3 years in the making. I'm going to have to take a day off work to play it. Let's go, Buf-a-lo! Rob[/quote:18sg13gz] Absolutely stunning bass. Wish I could afford one myself. So, are you a Bills fan Rob?
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Rob...Sweet!!! Mark, can't wait to see yours. Man, I'm excited that mine won't be too, too long, either.
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Very nice bass. Any day now!!! Mark
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Super sweet bass. Congratulations on your Z3 Rob.
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!