Saturday, 23 February 2008
  0 Replies
  5.8K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
We've got a nice run of Z's going at the moment. Another one to start soon. Some of you may recognize these bodies already.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="guitarded":2qa8b8tf][quote="TheGrandEnigma":2qa8b8tf][quote="guitarded":2qa8b8tf]. . . I still feel funny about toting a $5000 bass to gigs, so my Z3 sees limited stage time. Mark[/quote:2qa8b8tf] I sort of thought that was the point of getting a $5000 bass - to use it. 8) I understand not wanting to damage your baby though.[/quote:2qa8b8tf] Believe it or not, I feel much differently about taking my Z basses to gigs vs the AB or SJ. I consider the cost to replace them, and then usually reserve them for more sedate, inside, climate controlled gigs. I can afford to be a bit more liberal with the SJ and AB. Mark[/quote:2qa8b8tf] "Sigh"........I'm really torn over this very subject, I'm so ready to pull the trigger on a Z3, but when I consider the places I'm playing, and the stink of cigarette smoke that reeks out of my AB1 when I pull it out of the case on Sunday morning, I shudder. Why spend that much money for something I can't use out? Of course I could make the Z3 my church bass :twisted:
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="TheGrandEnigma":lnn7uv0i][quote="guitarded":lnn7uv0i]. . . I still feel funny about toting a $5000 bass to gigs, so my Z3 sees limited stage time. Mark[/quote:lnn7uv0i] I sort of thought that was the point of getting a $5000 bass - to use it. 8) I understand not wanting to damage your baby though.[/quote:lnn7uv0i] Believe it or not, I feel much differently about taking my Z basses to gigs vs the AB or SJ. I consider the cost to replace them, and then usually reserve them for more sedate, inside, climate controlled gigs. I can afford to be a bit more liberal with the SJ and AB. Mark
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="guitarded":3cij8vzn]. . . I still feel funny about toting a $5000 bass to gigs, so my Z3 sees limited stage time. Mark[/quote:3cij8vzn] I sort of thought that was the point of getting a $5000 bass - to use it. 8) I understand not wanting to damage your baby though.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="lomo":1qcuaqhj][quote="TheGrandEnigma":1qcuaqhj]Mmmm, so that's stormy monday? Looks fantastic, congradulations Lomo.[/quote:1qcuaqhj] Thanks. I wish there was an emoticon expressing Mike Myers from SNL in the 90s doing Wayne Campbell in a full-blown "I am not worthy" chant![/quote:1qcuaqhj] What a coincidence that you were also able to jump to the front in queue, sort of, after once giving me your spot. Kharma? Beautiful bass, Morris. Congrats. You're gonna love it as much as I love mine. However, I still feel funny about toting a $5000 bass to gigs, so my Z3 sees limited stage time. Mark
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Wow! Congratulations, Lomo! You lucky duck :) The Ziracote is really striking, and really spices things up! Wasn't that bass originally going to a UK internet-dealer? Can't remember the name, just saw it from Google the other day... EDIT: I still think you should keep your Montr
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Sheldon Dingwall":11i6tvs6]John, you were asking about this one. This one's kind of a Gretch Orangeburst. Really striking in person.[/quote:11i6tvs6] That's a great orange, it just needs to be bursted to brown at the edges to match the board (IMHO of course, LOL).
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
John, you were asking about this one. This one's kind of a Gretch Orangeburst. Really striking in person.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="TheGrandEnigma":w8qeh5fx]Mmmm, so that's stormy monday? Looks fantastic, congradulations Lomo.[/quote:w8qeh5fx] Thanks. I wish there was an emoticon expressing Mike Myers from SNL in the 90s doing Wayne Campbell in a full-blown "I am not worthy" chant!
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Mmmm, so that's stormy monday? Looks fantastic, congradulations Lomo.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Well, since the word is out. Here's the Z3. You'll have her soon Morris. Gotta love those burlburst tops :)
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Didn't you just pick up an ABI from TB? Or was that somebody else?
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Beepo":1pmmaxbs]Calling Lomo, did you just get yourself a new Z3(saw your avatar on TB)? Which one was that? (forgive me for asking, just curious..)[/quote:1pmmaxbs] :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I haven't received it yet-it should arrive by Thursday. I had inquired about the Z waiting time, and a buyer just at that moment was backing out of a custom order......which, as it turns out, was destined for me :D It's "stormy Monday" blue over burled maple with ziracote board, matched headstock and "speedometer" bar inlays, walnut neck with the Z3 package and super fatties. I can't sit still waiting. To pass the time, Smallmouth Bass and a couple of other Montreal TBers are coming by my place tonight for a mini GTG/ gear sampling fest and Smallmouth will have his AB2 and SJ5 (and Berg 12s). Those 2 basses, along with a load of pizza, sushi and brew-ha-ha should help get me through 'till Thu.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Calling Lomo, did you just get yourself a new Z3(saw your avatar on TB)? Which one was that? (forgive me for asking, just curious..)
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Sheldon Dingwall":qh0qwzrk] The Z3 is new so it's outselling the others currently. That will change. I expect the Lee Sklar to be the top seller for a while once we start making it more visible.[/quote:qh0qwzrk] Well, I am certainly looking forward to help make the Lee Sklar Signature visible in my town this Xmas :wink:
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Sheldon Dingwall":1tm6hvj1] If you're into it, I'm sure a lot of us would like to see some chord style playing on a quick youtube video.[/quote:1tm6hvj1] Yes, please!
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Cheemo, I'm glad you're happy with the bass. If you're into it, I'm sure a lot of us would like to see some chord style playing on a quick youtube video.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Beepo":33h6br0l]:shock: Beautiful bass, Cheamo. I really like the look of the super-clean maple fingerboard vs. the deep blue colour. So how are the recent Z trends, Sheldon(or anyone)? Have the Z1s become rare lately? Is the Z3 taking over, or does the Z1 and Z2 still sell like they used to? Just wondering... :?:[/quote:33h6br0l] The Z3 is new so it's outselling the others currently. That will change. I expect the Lee Sklar to be the top seller for a while once we start making it more visible.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks everyone. I brought it home this morning and have been playing it non-stop, sounds and feels so good, even tension on the strings is awesome, especially on that low B and high C. Chords just sound amazing, like some sort of combination of a baby grand and a guitar or something, that's what I hear anyways. Huge versatility in tone, I don't know, it seems like a perfect bass to me.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Stunning! Congrats. Mark
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
:shock: Beautiful bass, Cheamo. I really like the look of the super-clean maple fingerboard vs. the deep blue colour. So how are the recent Z trends, Sheldon(or anyone)? Have the Z1s become rare lately? Is the Z3 taking over, or does the Z1 and Z2 still sell like they used to? Just wondering... :?:
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!