Friday, 06 July 2007
  0 Replies
  6.3K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hi fellow Ding-aholics. I have been stating lately that I am out of GAS for the near future, and I always said that this is for some good reason. I am sure you understand that I am a fan of Sheldon's Works of Art. So we have a question to answer: What can possibly be better than a Dingwall??? this one???
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="guitarded":393vat9f] I figure the Villexes bury the Barts. Mark[/quote:393vat9f] Here is a link of the before and after. I've changed nothing but the pickups (same settings in the Nuendo, same settings in the soundcard, same settings everywhere). I've saved in .wav cause the PC speakers do no justice. Burn and listen through a good range system http://www.zshare.net/download/6154095324a9e5/ PS I was recording the "scales" while I had pneumonia, so please be gentle on comments of my playing
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Here are two shots of the man's bass
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
^ Man that's beautiful. Is that a one piece body?
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
It's a two piece body
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Just came back from a rehearsal with my band. The two Dingwalls I had with me were the Villex-loaded Voodoo and the Z2. On the Villex-loaded Voodoo never had I tried to slap. The sound was on the thick side and that put me off to try something more trebly. I did slap and I was amazed at the clarity that this bass has when I slap and pop. The Z2 got a new set of pickups and preamp: FD3s and OBP-3. I placed them early this week and this was the first rehearsal with the new pickups. I forgot to mention that the bass was tuned A, D, G, C, F!!!! (the song that I tuned the bass for, has lots of open string tricks and stuff). It has the growliest sound ever. MM sounds on nuclear explosion and then some. I am really amazed. It directly challenges the Z1 OMT as to which Dingwall has the most growl (I will compare and let you know)
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Today I rehearsed with my two growliest Dingwalls: my avatar Z1 and my Z2. They really bite!!! It's hard to say which one has more growl. The Z1 has more "open" growl and is tonally more diverse. The Z2 has "condensed" growl (more focused) but it was not inferior to the Z1. Ultimately, I had to run both on the bridge setting to allow the rest of the band to recover from a series- or neck-growl taken to the max (esp regarding the playlist:80's poser metal). The parallel setting gave me great clarity in a very pleasing way, super great for the slower numbers and the ballads. Thanks once again Sheldon for spoiling me with such great basses!!!
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
It has been very quiet with this thread so I decided to stir up the water a bit (I do not love new and different Dingwalls, it's just to keep this thread going :wink: ) It was 30th of Jan that basstolero posted a Fender V bass for sale and along with it, another bass. I beamed myself up there and made the deal (I do not really exist so I can do impossible things 8) ). The beam was a bit narrow and tight and I could not fit the bass with me (the bass exists and that is a problem when you want to combine reality and imaginary things). Basstolero shipped the bass on the 31st of Jan and emailed me the tracking DHL number and the paperwork involved. Days went by and the bass had not arrived. Knowing the honest and great bunch of people that Ding-aholics are, I was not worried about the bass not been send. But Basstolero, the great guy he is kept on emailing me about the bass and the actions he took when I told him that it had not yet arrived. At 1:50pm I read the latest email regarding the bass. I called my local Post Office and the bass had just arrived!!! I rushed there and I got the big box. What was inside that box???
Attachments (1)
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Here are some more pics Thanks Basstolero, both for the great deal as well as for caring for the fate of the bass. Had no time to plug it yet, but it will happen soon
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Fullie, you are sick man! :lol:
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I would be sick if I had not realized the superiority of the Dingwall basses :wink:
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
congrats on yet another DW, nr ?? I stopped counting some time agoo :wink: What
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
This is my Curly Blond. Looks like my Prima 5. But as soon as I heard the sound I called Villex for another set of NVT pickups and EQ (it's the 3rd set of the new line and all 3 are mine!!!) Sheldon, are you aware or any concentric pot of vol/4pos rotary? If not I'll just go for vol/vol configuration. I do not want to drill a hole on this beauty
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi there, First, thanks a lot to a very, very, very patient customer. Eddy, it was a pleasure to deal with you. Moreover I am more than happy that this beauty got a good new home in the European Dingwall Pole. She deserves it. I would've loved to keep her, but already owning H.P. s Voodoo Prima and a great AB1 with a Z2 on order, which thanks to Sheldon I upgraded to a Z3-order, (and GASing for a SJ5), there was no way I could do this. You might be able to imagine the amount of relief I felt, when I got Eddys e-mail that the bass arrived. Sent on the 31st of Junary I really started getting worried about the package, but it's great to see a Happy End now. Thanks again, Eddy, have a ball! Chris
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
It looks that, little by little, all the avatar Dingwalls are becoming mine, (starting with basstolero's) :twisted:
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="fullrangebass":me9chab7]It looks that, little by little, all the avatar Dingwalls are becoming mine, (starting with basstolero's) :twisted:[/quote:me9chab7] Well, you're not getting mine, at least not anytime soon :) . However, it is nice to know who to contact if I ever decide to sell! Mark
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hey Mark you have 3 Dingwalls in your avatar and that it is hard to buy them all together. I wonder, if we have a European Division of Dinwall owners, how many Dingwalls will be there? (esp if it is hosted at my place)
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Avatar changed, but the AB1 ain't for sale, Eddy :-) All the best, Chris
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hope you read my avatar comment as a joke, Chris (even though I sensed everyone rushing to their cases to check if their Dingwalls were still in place :wink: ) I am looking forward receiving Tom's Prima very soon (the delay on receiving Tom's Prima is truly mine, nothing to do with Tom; he is one very trustworthy man) and then the Z3 before Easter time. And then it's time for [b:1h0ine1i]the[/b:1h0ine1i] Prima Artist :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
And just when I thought that I was not going to buy any other Dingwall basses, I fell prey to my DAS A mint AB II with scroll holes. I am weak :oops:
Attachments (1)
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Well it's a weakness we can all comprehend..... But Fullie! Certainly no one has experienced it so well as you have!! Congratulations. DAS is apparently a weakness for which there is no need for a cure. :lol:
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!