Friday, 06 July 2007
  0 Replies
  6.3K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hi fellow Ding-aholics. I have been stating lately that I am out of GAS for the near future, and I always said that this is for some good reason. I am sure you understand that I am a fan of Sheldon's Works of Art. So we have a question to answer: What can possibly be better than a Dingwall??? this one???
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Very cool FR. Can you post some clips for us to watch?
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I need to check with the band leader, cause he said we would not be allowed to broadcast unless they give us permission from the organizers. Probably these recordings will be part of the "Dingwall Museum" for the lucky visitors :P
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="guitarded":1rbnka38]I havent tried the nickles based on my dislike of nickle roundwounds (too dark sounding). I guess I'm a stainless addict! Mark[/quote:1rbnka38] I finally put my D'Add nickel rounds on my ABII. Frankly, I don't think they are all that dissimilar to the steels in sound, other than that the string noise is a bit less strong and the overall sound is just a bit darker, but not much at all. Now, my opinion may change as these strings are played more, but at this point, they are not all that different sounding or feeling to me.
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Interesting Bob. I'm getting ready to restring and have a fresh set of Voodoo's that came with my AB_II. Thanks for the info...I might check them out.
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Brim":20x7f2o4]Interesting Bob. I'm getting ready to restring and have a fresh set of Voodoo's that came with my AB_II. Thanks for the info...I might check them out.[/quote:20x7f2o4] I may actually try out the Chrome Brites next, just for grins. After that, I will put my new set of Dingwalls back on and then decide from there.
Attachments (1)
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Today I received my set of Ritter Swordsteel strings. I will fit the set on my Super PJ and let you know. By the way the soundcard will be repaired next week so I will be able to provide samples!!!!
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
It looks like the family is growing. I welcome the two new members A Prima Artist 5str with the wooden toolbox :P
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
And my AB I 5str. My first Afterburner I 5str qualifies as Afterburner Artist being Special Edition #1 from #1 Here it comes
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
My God! How do you do it? You've got more Dingwalls than I do pairs of underwear! :lol: Is that Prima Artist the one you ordered from Sheldon or is it from a different source?
Attachments (1)
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Ah just saw the other thread: it's a gift. Crazy! So you still have one on order from the shop!
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Yes I do have an order for a Prima Artist, hopefully completed in the next 2yrs. The problem with the one in order is that I've asked for a resonant piece of cork with strong low mids :P :P :P
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="fullrangebass":3k69zulb]Yes I do have an order for a Prima Artist, hopefully completed in the next 2yrs. The problem with the one in order is that I've asked for a resonant piece of cork with strong low mids :P :P :P[/quote:3k69zulb] :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I REALLY WANT THAT!!!
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
So, after I turned a Prima into a silent bass (for practicing purposes :P :P :P ), I decided to resurrect the bass into a different re-incarnation. I put a set of the new Villex pickups on. Here it comes
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Isn't bass surgery fun! :) There's nothing I love more than breathing new fire and life into a bass. I'm overdue for a project. I recently bought a couple sets of '70's DiMarzio P pickups [i:298iqo8c]still in the package [/i:298iqo8c]( :o ) and will drop them into my ordinary basses soon. I don't know why, though - they mostly just hang on the wall. :P That bass had Barts originally, right, Fullie? When I talked to Sheldon recently about selling the Barts out of my Voodoo he told me the vintage 6 string Dingwall pickups were a standard size, and he remembered the vintage 5ers were in a custom sized shell, but it looks like your Villexes dropped right in :? Hmmm. BTW, my Barts lasted about one hour on ebay before somebody used the BIN to snag them. :) I figure the Villexes bury the Barts. How does it sound now in comparison to FD3s? Mark
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Mark The originals were Barts. The new Villex fit the size of the pickup cavity perfectly. The only mod I had to do was to drill two holes on the Bass side of the Pickup cavitites to place the retainer screws (the Barts had one hole centrally located on the bass side, whereas Villex has two to allow for tilting too!!!). The Barts are nowhere close to FD3's or the Villex (new or "Classic"). I am still recording so I will be able to be very specific in the next few days
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Here is my opinion over the new pickups I installed on the Emerald Green. http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=385188 The Emerald Green will undergo further MAJOR transformation :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:. More to be revealed in the near future 8) Still in the process of recording (damn you, Fullie. why did you have to have so many Dingwalls??? :P :P :P ). I just love listening to the different sounds provided from my Dingwalls. Would anyone like to help me with the recording process? Maybe I should post in the Jobs Section as : Would you like to be left alone and unattended with 17 Dingwalls? would you like to run your fingers on their necks and strings? would you like to turn switches and pots while playing? only requirements are: playing Dingwalls plus plugging in the console and press "Record" while having fun"
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="fullrangebass":m1u1oqtt]Would anyone like to help me with the recording process? Maybe I should post in the Jobs Section as : Would you like to be left alone and unattended with 17 Dingwalls? would you like to run your fingers on their necks and strings? would you like to turn switches and pots while playing? only requirements are: playing Dingwalls plus plugging in the console and press "Record" while having fun"[/quote:m1u1oqtt] Yes. Just ship all basses to Canada and I will be happy to help out! :wink:
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Ok. I will receive all job applications and review them on New Year's Eve. PS each applicant has to tell me why to choose him/her over the rest :wink:
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="fullrangebass":mq7uv5a5]What about a bit of History? lesson No1: Zebra[/quote:mq7uv5a5] i was very "astonished" to see "my" Voodoo Bass at the first page of this thread 8) :lol: this Zebra looks at first sight more than very similar to my old Voodoo Bass... :) at the second view there are some little differences..(fret markers on the finger board, grain of the body) it is a just as well player as my Voodoo?:-) i think "i have to post" some pictures to compare the instruments :wink:
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
It is no secret that I need to add pics of the Lee Sklar Dingwall bass for this thread. In the very near future, I will add the Z3 pics when I receive it!!!
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!