Friday, 06 July 2007
  0 Replies
  5.9K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hi fellow Ding-aholics. I have been stating lately that I am out of GAS for the near future, and I always said that this is for some good reason. I am sure you understand that I am a fan of Sheldon's Works of Art. So we have a question to answer: What can possibly be better than a Dingwall??? this one???
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I hear you, fullrange, privacy is most important indeed have fun with ALL your basses and keep us informed on your amazing collection!
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Not all people are as nice as here, but I will try to arrange for 2008 the European Dingwall Expo. It will be an honour to have all (or as many as possible) Ding-aholics around and listen to the nuances and share experiences and thoughts.
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Today, another bird landed in the nest. Please be patient till Sunday night that I can provide pics. I can give you some hinds though: from what I know, the Dingwalls grow to a decent size with a decent number of strings (Look at my Prima Artist 6). This one did not grow to the 34-37" size, and did not achieve the "normal" number or strings (5 or 6 strings). Any guess as to which bird may be? (Second hint: I have said that I would most likely not get one). No prizes though
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
And the stable is now complete with a SuperJ? (minus a fretless :D )
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Super P/J!!! (I know, no pic no bass) The fretless is on it's way, too
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
So what is that now, 16 with a Prima Artist on order?
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
OK, who here wouldn't be surprised if Fullrange is actually taking delivery of [b:1sl73x8h]the first SJ-5[/b:1sl73x8h]? :shock: There's a conspiracy theory for you. I say he would already have an SJ if he wanted it badly enough, so it could be... Time will tell. Mark
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="guitarded":2y8yqe0q]OK, who here wouldn't be surprised if Fullrange is actually taking delivery of [b:2y8yqe0q]the first SJ-5[/b:2y8yqe0q]? :shock: There's a conspiracy theory for you. I say he would already have an SJ if he wanted it badly enough, so it could be... Time will tell. Mark[/quote:2y8yqe0q] L'il ole me might be a tad surprised :oops:
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I am not the list for a Super J 5 and the Super J 5 is not on my list too (the feeling is mutual for the time being :wink: ; up to this moment at least). I was looking more for a Super PJ than a Super J. I having a one-off lesson tomorrow with Paul Westwood (author of the "Bass Bible") and I will use it there. I love extra length of my Primas and Zs (that's my PERFECT B or A or even Ab!!!:shock: ) and I am saving up for my Prima Artist. There are some headache inducing requests there (the resonant piece of cork is no easy feat :P :P :P ) PS I have been thinking of transforming a 4str Dingwall into a cello tuning so it may happen to this Super PJ in the near future PS2 I have come to accept the fact that this Dingwall will not grow to the size or number of strings as the rest of my Dingwall herd :P :P , but still I'll give it loads of TLC
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Here it is: My Super PJ (I know it's a shaky pic but I think it'll do for the time being)
Attachments (1)
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Very nice! Congrats on a great bass.
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Congrats, Fullie. Try Chrome Flats on your SJ for a fun time. Mark
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
very cool FR....love that color. Did you get it 2nd hand or brand-new?
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I bought the Super PJ 2nd hand but in excellent condition. I will put Chrome Flats tomorrow on my Super PJ (thanks for the suggestion Mark) Oh, by the way, since my AB I (Special Edition #1 of #1) is in reality an AA I (Afterburner Artist I) I have decided to have a workhorse AB I http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=368410
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Great price on the ABI, Fullie. Let's see the pix, bro. Mark
Attachments (1)
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I will post pics of the AB I as soon as I receive the bass in my hands. I am thinking of placing the 45-100 Chromes, Mark. Should they be long or extra long to fit the Super PJ?
Attachments (1)
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I think it's the XLs, Fullrange. Mark
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Had no time to get the Chromes today. But I'm submitting a pic that I owe (for the latest AB I
Attachments (1)
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Nice "workhorse" ABI!
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
STOP BUYING DINGWALLS!!!! Because of you, other people have to wait one or two years^^ Nice work! Next time a panaramic family pic?
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!