Friday, 06 July 2007
  0 Replies
  5.9K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hi fellow Ding-aholics. I have been stating lately that I am out of GAS for the near future, and I always said that this is for some good reason. I am sure you understand that I am a fan of Sheldon's Works of Art. So we have a question to answer: What can possibly be better than a Dingwall??? this one???
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
The distance from Frankfurt is only 180km. If you want to visit me and my Z2 we will find a way, it would be a pleasure for me. There is another Dingwall-Player who will get his new Z2 on the next show in Frankfurt, maybe a good time to start the first european Dingwall meeting?
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I'm in for it. I even thought a name for it: EDDO = European Division of Dingwall Owners 8) Maybe we should all bring our show stoppers in Frankfurt show, along with the other Dingwalls (that we all know they will be exceptional) and allow the rest of the people realize the excellency of Sheldon's Functional Art
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I really started feeling inferior to the other Ding-aholics and I started feeling that I could not sit down and play together with them because they had different toys called "Afterburners" or "ABs" or sth like that. :( So I had to work hard and rise to that level, so they would not look down on me 8) So now can I sit down and play with the other kids in the Dingwall-land:lol: How can you be sure? Please look An AB I!!!! :!:
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
We must look all around. Never be left with a doubt in our mind
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Because I was so upset for being looked down, Santa Claus brought me something else too!!! Boy, am I glad I can play with the other boys now :wink:
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Here is the very sexy front of it. Very nice depth, but hard to catch in the photo
Attachments (1)
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
that brings the total to 14 now? nice figuring in the AB1 have fun playing your new toy :wink: by the way, do you live close to the netherlands??? your house is like a eurodisney for dw-holics
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello Fullrange, I have just received my Prima Artist. The most recent "Another Prima Buckeye Burl Leaves the nest". What hardshell case do you use for yours? Will the new Prima shape fit those cases. Thank you.
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I HATE you! Why do in not have a room full of DW's! Met ans my sille AB1 with those stupid XMass lights. wanna trade for that 6-string Prima from you^^ By the way, where do you live in Europe? Not in Holland i think??
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="marton":gaazfzm0]that brings the total to 14 now? nice figuring in the AB1 have fun playing your new toy :wink: by the way, do you live close to the netherlands??? your house is like a eurodisney for dw-holics[/quote:gaazfzm0] Do you mean that my other high-end basses (3 Foderas, 2 Ken Lawrence BraseI, 4 Status Graphite, May Custom Bass etc) are not Euro-Disney for bass players? :shock: I will plug the AB I to listen to it carefully through my iAmp and let you know what I think. :wink: Plus we (I) need to know what is the "#1 of 1" inscription. So where is Sheldon to chime in? (I am sure he looks at the emails with all my close-to-impossible demands and thinks how he can get rid of me) As far as my location, I prefer just to say Europe :wink: (few people know but I prefer to keep it low just for keeping my quiet)
Attachments (1)
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="dsincjr":2n9zspyb]Hello Fullrange, I have just received my Prima Artist. The most recent "Another Prima Buckeye Burl Leaves the nest". What hardshell case do you use for yours? Will the new Prima shape fit those cases. Thank you.[/quote:2n9zspyb] Hello dsincjr It is an honor to speak to the owner of this rare bird. I hope you will post some more pics of this beauty. Anyway. Apart from the heavy duty (approved) metal flight cases, which are heavy and bulky but hold their grounds forever, my favorite case is the Gator ones. They should be able fit the new shape cause they are not shape formed from the inside and the lower horn does not stick out in a drastic way. Apart from the latch problem and having the top close without warning, SKB's are fine too
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
And I have to admit that the family has 14 members now!!! :!:
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
So is that whalepool blue ABI 5 used? I ask because it has the older style knobs. And is it a 1 of 1 because of the quilted back? Beautiful, by the way. :D
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
It was bought, but it turns out it was not used. There is even the sticker with the price on the bass!!!
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Fullrange, where are you finding all of these?!?! 1of1. If we do something that's really out of the ordinary I'll hand sign and mark the # of # on the cover plate. These days it's usually a run of 12 specials. In the case of this one we only had enough quilt to make one AB. In retrospect what was I thinking? I could have built two treble side Prima Artists with that quilt. :)
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Sheldon Dingwall":fp560naw]Fullrange, where are you finding all of these?!?! 1of1. If we do something that's really out of the ordinary I'll hand sign and mark the # of # on the cover plate. These days it's usually a run of 12 specials. In the case of this one we only had enough quilt to make one AB. In retrospect what was I thinking? I could have built two treble side Prima Artists with that quilt. :)[/quote:fp560naw] [b:fp560naw]I[/b:fp560naw] know why you did not go ahead for [b:fp560naw]two[/b:fp560naw] Prima Artists treble sides: because you knew it would be easier to end up in [b:fp560naw]my[/b:fp560naw] hands if it was just one bass :wink: Plus the fact that you are reading my mind, and you knew before me what kind of woods I'd ask for the treble side of my Prima Artist: Cork!!! :P
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
So Fullrange...when are you going to host the first Euro Dingwall Expo? We'll all make travel arrangements and take our Dingwalls with us and have a huge bash! I haven't been to Europe in over 10 years. 8)
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Stop, Fullrange, please!!! Mark
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="guitarded":2cukfuld]Stop, Fullrange, please!!! Mark[/quote:2cukfuld] If you're begging already, I think that soon there might be suicides because of this thread :twisted:
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Looks like I have to REALLY organize the first international Dingwall Expo :shock: :shock: :shock: We'll talk about it. And please, no suicides!!! we need attendants at the Dingwall EXPO hosted by EDDO (European Division of Dingwall Owners). As far as the AB I goes I'll call it AA (Afterburner Artist as in Prima Artist). I think it's only fair once Sheldon would (or could) have used it for Prima Artists!!! And the red one is probably the "Ruby Red" one
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!