Monday, 12 January 2009
  0 Replies
  4.6K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
At long last, here are the first 6 Combustions. These will be at NAMM next week.
11 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Greetings FernandoZada, and welcome to the forum. I know what you mean about not being interested in other basses any more, (as do most of the folks here). I had my first Dingwall experience a few months ago and it had a profound effect on me. I used to enjoy my fairly large collection of basses (around 30), and I'm selling them all because I have lost all interest in basses other than Dingwalls.
11 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="FernandoZada":vuz6fvfj]I´m a brazillian musician and get a Afterburn I (the one that Nando are playing in video section) and love it and few weeks ago Nando (a friend living in EUA) send me a Combustion and I love it too! It´s a a really nice bass and sounds so great. Now I´m interested in get another one Combustion to transform in fretless!!! Dingwalls are the best basses I´ve played and I don´t want another electric bass after played one.[/quote:vuz6fvfj] Hey FZ, You should know that Sheldon has a special magic formula he applies to his fretless fingerboards. They are absolutely perfect, to the point where you couldn't have possibly expected such a great fretless could exist. Introductory talk: for a long time, I had wanted a fretless Dingwall, meaning to de-fret a Combustion. The C-bass hadn't been available at the time, but I started saving money. By the end, the C-bass was so overdue I've saved enough to buy a used fretless AB-II. I now firmly believe buying a C-bass and de-fretting would have been a mistake, even though the AB-II is a lot more expensive, it's just that good. The lowest cost fretless Dingwall is an AB-I. I urge you to get it instead of de-fretting a Combustion!
11 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks Im really in love with my Dingwalls and in Brazil it´s impossible to buy one because we have no dealers and taxes are to high to import one. The two I had are from a friend who buy and transport to Brazil. I know that another friend have one AB1 fretted and if its more cheaper I would love to de-freted but maybe in future. My desire is to buy one 6 string Dingwall and de-fret the Combustion maybe be the cheaper solution now. I´m thinking about. Thanks for your message and sorry about my poor english!
11 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I defreted my Combustion and love the result!!!! Later I ´ll put photos and sound of it!
11 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Wow, that was fast! Glad to hear you're happy with the results.
11 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Here are two videos one for a bass forum in Brazil http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH3H8cSIzDk and another after defret http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHF2o3KAoZY
11 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello Everybody in this forum, I just got my Combustion in my hand last week! It's the best bass i ever owned. X from Bangkok Thailand.
11 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Yep, it's an awesome bass, for sure! Glad you like it.
11 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Here is link to song that my friend has composed, It's have no name yet, but I used the Combustion to finish the job, Anyway It's just a demo. Please enjoy any comment welcome too. [url:368nojl7]http://www.mediafire.com/?0x75xdvyga68452[/url:368nojl7]
11 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I think that previously in this thread or some other thread I had made a comment that the Afterburner I and the Combustion were not in the same league. I've been playing my Combustion quite a bit in the last couple of weeks and I have come to the conclusion that these two basses are really different animals all together. The Combustion has warmer, more traditional sounds with the added benefit of the extra clarity. True, the neck is thicker back to front, it's not as sleek and light as the Afterburner I and the fit and finish is not quite as good as the ABI (it's still pretty good), but it really is a great instrument. The pickups and the EMG pre-amp really work well. There's no bad setting and the full range is useable. And the Candy Apple Green is such a great colour! I love it! I'm not normally one for flashy colours, but this one just works. We all know the AB series is great too!
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Today I return with my Combustion defreted from a local luthier that make a decent setup and aply epoxy to the scale and.... woo that´s incredible! So nice bass. I make another video these days to put it in the web and post here. It´s so nice to make a professional luthier to make decent job!! When I defreted I make my own setup and it´s good!
10 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Sheldon, I know that you are now offering P tone pickups in standard shells for your Afterburners. Are the standard pickups in the Combustion already in a PJ configuration? The reason I ask is that I find that the Combustion has very P-like characteristics to my ear.
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!