Monday, 12 January 2009
  0 Replies
  5.4K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
At long last, here are the first 6 Combustions. These will be at NAMM next week.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Sheldon Dingwall":229vidox]No photos of the Matte Black yet. However I'm upping the ante. Matte Black with a matching headstock. I'm thinking this will be one sexy combination. (Sorry, no other colors with matching headstocks at this time)[/quote:229vidox] I [i:229vidox]do[/i:229vidox] like the grey but I think the matte black would sell much better. Black = loud.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="BurningSkies":3q3ehve9]The notion of CATangerine is also awesome. I was at a car show this weekend and there was a 40's hot rod in CAT and it was simply stunning...I would guess a Dingwall in that color would be well lustworthy.[/quote:3q3ehve9] Candy. Apple. Tangerine. Does that not make sense to anybody else? Can't we just call it "tangerine?"
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Yeah, I think the flat black would look AMAZING! The grey might look good as a metallic colour (silver?) but I think you already ruled that one out right? The necks on the combusions would all fit each other so if I found a kind soul that wanted to swap necks, I could just bolt the maple-fretboarded neck onto my bass, right? [quote="BurningSkies":3adslbie]The notion of CATangerine is also awesome. I was at a car show this weekend and there was a 40's hot rod in CAT and it was simply stunning...I would guess a Dingwall in that color would be well lustworthy.[/quote:3adslbie] I thing there could be huge potential in brilliant colours. Greens, oranges, blues, pink (yes, I said it - pink). Jjiango, where are you buddy?
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Why not consider silver again, since the gray flopped? Throw some big flakes in to make it really sparkly. Mark
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Can't wait to see the matte black. The only thing better is matte white or matte light gray. Maybe making the battleship gray lighter? Also, I'm all for Foose-like bright orange. With a black pearloid, yum. Bongotastic
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I won't have a body shot for a while, but here's a sample of the headstock. Thanks again for the input.
Attachments (1)
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Winner.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Bocete":1jgqmi5f]Winner.[/quote:1jgqmi5f] +1
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
A suggestion: How about maybe, sometime in the future, offering special edition color sets? For example, a matte black bass with a matching headstock, a black/yellow/black pickguard and black hardware. It would be to die-for. Another special edition package would be vintage-looking, finished Daphne blue and with white pearl block inlays in the neck. The third would be glossy white with no pickguard and gold hardware. I don't know. Those could be made only by special order, with a nice upcharge, and have separate s/n to make them a collectors bass. EDIT: The Lee-Sklar green could be one of these, with a matching headstock added.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Sheldon Dingwall":2gektq3r]I won't have a body shot for a while, but here's a sample of the headstock. Thanks again for the input.[/quote:2gektq3r] Winner winner chicken dinner! I'll have the money to bag one of those one day. :roll:
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Wooow! I think all matte black stuff is totally cool! Here is my matte black Ritter, a.k.a. "The Batmobass" 8) Now just think of a matte Z2...
Attachments (1)
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="davio":36npkz7c][quote="BurningSkies":36npkz7c]The notion of CATangerine is also awesome. I was at a car show this weekend and there was a 40's hot rod in CAT and it was simply stunning...I would guess a Dingwall in that color would be well lustworthy.[/quote:36npkz7c] Candy. Apple. Tangerine. Does that not make sense to anybody else? Can't we just call it "tangerine?"[/quote:36npkz7c] The "candy-apple' part refers to the fact that the finish is a transparent colored layer with a metallic underneath (either gold or silver)...similar to how a candy apple is dipped...'candy' finishes tend to have more depth. If you see a 'candy tangerine' in real life let me know how it is to eat that peel... :wink:
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Sheldon Dingwall":5v2wlrew](Sorry, no other colors with matching headstocks at this time)[/quote:5v2wlrew] Sorry, fellow Combustioners. I couldn't talk Sheldon into matching headstocks. Couldn't even talk him into doing it one-off on mine once it arrives at the shop. :cry: I may try to have it done on my end. Mark
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Sheldon Dingwall":1vne47li]I won't have a body shot for a while, but here's a sample of the headstock. Thanks again for the input.[/quote:1vne47li] Looks very sharp...literally. Like a carbon knife blade.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Headstock looks good, and +1 to matte black instead of grey
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Love the flat black. Make my next one this color, with a 4 string maple neck. Mark
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Matte Black+Maple Neck+Matching Headstock +1 How about Black Hardware ?? ;) Battleship Grey 0 (reminds me of paint primer) ...Although - After a little more thought, the grey with with some contrasting lettering (ala Kubicki) may be ok... or is that too tacky ?
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Wow, the new pics are [u:2cb3h2k8]amazing[/u:2cb3h2k8]! And I positively LOVE the blonde (Mary Kaye). Also, to chime in: I much prefer the matte black to the gray.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Here's a mockup, using Sheldon's photo, of the color scheme that I'm heavily leaning towards: [img:3c9iz81q]http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/9316/balticm.jpg[/img:3c9iz81q] Blonde, rosewood, baltic amber pickguard... tell me that's not hot! A fully-digital mockup I threw together (had to update a few minor details to be compliant with the production models, like the EMG-style logos on the pickups): [img:3c9iz81q]http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5072/combustion0926.jpg[/img:3c9iz81q]
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Here's a few matte black mockups: [img:3v2vflty]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/346/matte.jpg[/img:3v2vflty] [img:3v2vflty]http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/7456/mattepg.jpg[/img:3v2vflty]
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!