Monday, 12 January 2009
  0 Replies
  5.4K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
At long last, here are the first 6 Combustions. These will be at NAMM next week.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
pretty neat- Sheldon- since we cant see close up detail- may i ask your opinion on the quality- does it meet your design goals, and the Dingwall name Also how does it feel to tower over most of the folks (not a fan of the battleship grey either) The CAGreen is awesome-- which one is mine :wink:
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
What do you call the colour in picture SANY0014? Transparent/translucent pearl? That's my favourite of the bunch. Imagine an SJ5 like that with a maple fretboard and pearl block inlays!
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Dingbat":39zndubo]What do you call the colour in picture SANY0014? Transparent/translucent pearl?[/quote:39zndubo] I'm pretty sure that's transparent white. I don't know if it has a fancier name.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I really dig the Solid Pearl White one!! Funky Brewster! 8)
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I like the battleship grey. I don't think it would be my first choice in this bunch but I do like the look of it...especially with a black pearl pickguard. Looks great, Sheldon!
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
the battleship grey is SLICK... i like it a lot, but if it comes down to it, i'm a sucker for maple and transparent white.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I just wish the green wasn't a limited run. I'll probably miss out :( Beautiful basses.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Dingbat":2m330k11]What do you call the colour in picture SANY0014? Transparent/translucent pearl? That's my favourite of the bunch. Imagine an SJ5 like that with a maple fretboard and pearl block inlays![/quote:2m330k11] That's our version of Blonde or Mary Kay. We call is Blonde. The whites look pearlescent but they are regular white.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Uncle Balsamic":3dy89szy]I just wish the green wasn't a limited run. I'll probably miss out :( Beautiful basses.[/quote:3dy89szy] Well, if the demand is there after these sell out, we will consider another run. If the green goes over really well we may consider other "Chip Foose" type colors like tangerine.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="FrankM":14md3362]pretty neat- Sheldon- since we cant see close up detail- may i ask your opinion on the quality- does it meet your design goals, and the Dingwall name Also how does it feel to tower over most of the folks (not a fan of the battleship grey either) The CAGreen is awesome-- which one is mine :wink:[/quote:14md3362] The level of refinement is right on target for the price. The tone and performance are easily worth double. My biggest concern through this process was the quality of neck wood. Good wood is hard to find, so I'm REALLY impressed with what I've seen so far.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I'm ready for my 4 string Combustion, Sheldon. :) Let me know when they're available. Mark
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Sheldon, why can't I get a maple fretboard on my CAG Combustion? Is it because of the limited run? Certain finishes come with certain necks? Not that I won't be happy with the bass unless I get maple, just one of those things I wanted. I'm a big fan of the look of it.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I'm having a meeting today on how to fast track a 4-string version. Sorry about the limited fingerboard choices on the CAG. That was a choice made early on before we saw the demand.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
It all seems to be coming around very nicely! I'm not a huge fan of grey either. The green one looks absolutely yummy.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
They look awesome, especially the CAG and the white one!
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Sheldon Dingwall":2x2xflqo][quote="Uncle Balsamic":2x2xflqo]I just wish the green wasn't a limited run. I'll probably miss out :( Beautiful basses.[/quote:2x2xflqo] Well, if the demand is there after these sell out, we will consider another run. If the green goes over really well we may consider other "Chip Foose" type colors like tangerine.[/quote:2x2xflqo] This is good news to me...as I can't quite squeeze another bass right now, no matter how I've lusted for a CAG Dingwall for years. The notion of CATangerine is also awesome. I was at a car show this weekend and there was a 40's hot rod in CAT and it was simply stunning...I would guess a Dingwall in that color would be well lustworthy.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I'm getting mixed response on the grey. How about some input on Battleship Grey vs. Matte Black? Thanks for everyone's input.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Sheldon Dingwall":1opmfx3b]I'm getting mixed response on the grey. How about some input on Battleship Grey vs. Matte Black? Thanks for everyone's input.[/quote:1opmfx3b] I think there might be a bigger market for the matte blk Sheldon. Are there pics of the matte blk?
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
No photos of the Matte Black yet. However I'm upping the ante. Matte Black with a matching headstock. I'm thinking this will be one sexy combination. (Sorry, no other colors with matching headstocks at this time)
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Sheldon Dingwall":37fnm8cy]No photos of the Matte Black yet. However I'm upping the ante. Matte Black with a matching headstock. I'm thinking this will be one sexy combination. (Sorry, no other colors with matching headstocks at this time)[/quote:37fnm8cy] Sounds like a winner. Looks like someone's going to get a cool one off Battleship Gray".
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!