Monday, 12 January 2009
  0 Replies
  4.6K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
At long last, here are the first 6 Combustions. These will be at NAMM next week.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Did I hear correctly that the Candy Apple Green Combustion is FINALLY a go? What's the deal? When will they be built? And I suppose since they arn't built at the shop I couldn't specify no fret markers huh? (I don't like the look of them, but I still need side-dots.)
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I'm confident that no special requests, other than this limited color, will be considered for now. Mark
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Ditto-- this will be a no frills Dingwall. Color might be the only option The webpage still say Sept09 for the due date
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="guitarded":2a7wxovf]I'm confident that no special requests, other than this limited color, will be considered for now. Mark[/quote:2a7wxovf] *I agree with this statement.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I've been busy with the move and setup. Here's the latest update. The first run of Combustions are under construction and due to be shipped to us in September. I'll be heading to China to inspect them at the end of August. The official color list is as follows: Natural Black Candy Red White 3-tone burst Blonde (translucent white) Candy Green Pewter (Metallic graphite)
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Wow, I can hardly wait to see these colors! I'm most curious about the Blonde (maybe a "Mary Kaye" finish?), the Candy Green (Sklar Green?) and the Pewter.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
"Sklar Green" is often referred to as "Margarita Green", at least by Dingwall Sales Lamb. Other names I have seen around here are "Candy Green", "Candy Lime Green" and "Candy Apple Green", but I think the official name of the color of Lee
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Beep-- In the past, Sheldon refers to Sklar's bass colors as CAG and CAR (candy apple green) or (candy apple red)
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="FrankM":19pdndrn]Beep-- In the past, Sheldon refers to Sklar's bass colors as CAG and CAR (candy apple green) or (candy apple red)[/quote:19pdndrn] Sure, I didn't mean to act as a "know-it-all". I'm just particularly interested in this cool and unique colour, as many other fellow-forumers also seem to be. :wink:
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Concerning my "Sklar green"-post: Just felt like discussing unimportant issues while waiting for pictures of new basses, the new Combustions, and the new shop... Really excited about getting some real news from Sheldon after summer :D :D
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Beep-- same on my end, we have been fortunate to see a few of Lee Sklars basses come thru the forum and sheldon has identified the colors for us. unimportant issues-- I too want to ensure that fellow dingwall-addicts know what the colors mean as well, so you get what you want, and we're all on the same sheet of music
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Just pulled the trigger on a CAG Combustion! Hope it comes sooner than later. Strangely, I had the choice of a pickguard or not. I chose no, thinking the pg would ruin the look. Opinions? My first Dingwall, I can't wait! :twisted:
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="TheGrandEnigma":30qrh9g0]Just pulled the trigger on a CAG Combustion! Hope it comes sooner than later. Strangely, I had the choice of a pickguard or not. I chose no, thinking the pg would ruin the look. Opinions? My first Dingwall, I can't wait! :twisted:[/quote:30qrh9g0] No pickguard for me either. Mark
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I love the look of no PG. Sklar green and no PG,,,,,mmmmmmm yummy. :D
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Is there a thread or post somewhere comparing the Combustion with the AB-II (specs AND playing experience/sound)? Is the Combustion based on the ABII, or is it really its own thing? Thanks!
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="kittyboy":18da0v7x]Is there a thread or post somewhere comparing the Combustion with the AB-II (specs AND playing experience/sound)? Is the Combustion based on the ABII, or is it really its own thing? Thanks![/quote:18da0v7x] I believe that they are different animals altogether. Think about it: different body and neck woods, pickups and preamp, different neck joint. AB-IIs are chambered and have switchable FD3-4L pickups. The controls are different, with the Combustion having two volume pots and the AB being able to go in series. Even the jack, tuners and the bridge are different, fwiw. What do the AB-II and the Combustion have in common? The 34"-37" scale and a similar body shape: which is more-or-less shared with quite different sounding FD3 Z1s and Primas. The first version of the Combustion was called Afterburner GL, and it was, more or less, a stripped down AB. As time went it was progressively less an AB and more a new instrument altogether, so the the name changed. Of course, this is just what I think, I haven't played either :oops: :cry: :wink:
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Sheldon, is the so-called Sklar green going to be a standard color instead of a limited run? Some of "us" were wondering :wink: Mark
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I hope it does become standard, or at least available beyond a limited run. I won't be able to get a Combustion at launch, but I don't want to miss out on a lovely green one :)
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I'm dying to see pictures of all the color choices.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
If we sell out of the first run of Green, we'll gauge demand for a second run.
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!