Monday, 12 January 2009
  0 Replies
  4.6K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
At long last, here are the first 6 Combustions. These will be at NAMM next week.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Congrats on the ABI. Post a picture when you get a chance.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Will do, coming soon. I'm at work right now but I'll get a couple of pics up this weekend. Tommy
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
SO, with production delays for the Combustion bass, does that mean that combustion 4's will be pushed FURTHER back? :(
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="axpro":370otsug]SO, with production delays for the Combustion bass, does that mean that combustion 4's will be pushed FURTHER back? :([/quote:370otsug] Make the switch. You'll like it. All those things you like about a Dingwall 4 are tenfold with a 5. :)
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="davio":quzwdjv6][quote="axpro":quzwdjv6]SO, with production delays for the Combustion bass, does that mean that combustion 4's will be pushed FURTHER back? :([/quote:quzwdjv6] Make the switch. You'll like it. All those things you like about a Dingwall 4 are tenfold with a 5. :)[/quote:quzwdjv6] True, i DO like my 5-er But getting used to that pesky low b is killing me!!! and are you really suggesting that i take the time to PRACTICE instead of buying more basses?!?!?!? PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE KILLING THE ECONOMY!!!!! :D
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="axpro":2r02uj4i]True, i DO like my 5-er But getting used to that pesky low b is killing me!!! and are you really suggesting that i take the time to PRACTICE instead of buying more basses?!?!?!? PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE KILLING THE ECONOMY!!!!! :D[/quote:2r02uj4i] In my opinion, you should find that the Dingwall low b is as tense and clear as any other string. No need to adapt your plucking for the floppiness :)
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
My ABi's low B is SUPERB, it's just that as someone whoe has played guitar for 20 years (and a little bass) and NEVER used alternate tunings, my brain is wired to know that the heaviest string is an E. or Eb lately. Last band practice i sat and tried to play along and wound up doing some horrible playing.... Some of the songs in the current band i play in are drop tuned (which is a little odd for me) and trying to re-arrange my established lines to use the low b instead of drop tuning was taking its toll on me. My other main bass is an Ernie Ball dual pickup Stingray 4, with a hipshot extender, and it is perfect for my addled guitarist brain. thats the reason why i hunger for a 4-dinger....
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
When I went from 4 to 5 it was easy, but my mind works in patterns, not tunings --> I know the pattern for what I'm playing and I can move that anywhere on the neck for different keys/octaves Having that low note is nice, but recently I've been craving the simplicity of a 4 (maybe that's also since I've never played dingwall 5-er, and I doubt my MTD kingston b-string compares)
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="axpro":39z141d7]SO, with production delays for the Combustion bass, does that mean that combustion 4's will be pushed FURTHER back? :([/quote:39z141d7] Yes, but not significantly.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Sheldon Dingwall":2g3ayqf5][quote="axpro":2g3ayqf5]SO, with production delays for the Combustion bass, does that mean that combustion 4's will be pushed FURTHER back? :([/quote:2g3ayqf5] Yes, but not significantly.[/quote:2g3ayqf5] YAY! :D
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I notice the website is showing a date of June for availability. Is this now the new date for the Combustion? That would be nice. :D
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="capnron":23pkauan]I notice the website is showing a date of June for availability. Is this now the new date for the Combustion? That would be nice. :D[/quote:23pkauan] Sadly, no
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Jjango":2v9nt34k][quote="capnron":2v9nt34k]I notice the website is showing a date of June for availability. Is this now the new date for the Combustion? That would be nice. :D[/quote:2v9nt34k][/quote:2v9nt34k] Sadly, no
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
My favorite finish combination on the new Combustion bass. :) [img:h6eb4bw1]http://www.dingwallguitars.com/hear-it/Combustion-White-BA_PG-fullshot-esize.jpg[/img:h6eb4bw1]
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Brim":1tq6lm2o]My favorite finish combination on the new Combustion bass. :) [img:1tq6lm2o]http://www.dingwallguitars.com/hear-it/Combustion-White-BA_PG-fullshot-esize.jpg[/img:1tq6lm2o][/quote:1tq6lm2o] [i:1tq6lm2o]SOOOOO[/i:1tq6lm2o] HOT (and looked even better in person)!
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
just played a Combustion today @ Act 1 Music in Langley BC. Dingwall Sales was passing through town and was gracious enough to gimme a few minutes on the Combustion AND a new Z3!!! ok, so, for the Combustion.... nuts. Just downright nutty performance/tone/feel for the money. Even with price tag aside, the bass kills!! I soloed the bridge p/up and gave a cut on the treble and a bit of a bump on the bass and there has never been a bridge p/up I've heard like that (except for when i plugged the Z3 in... but that's a whole other animal 8) ) so yes, on to the Z3. absolutely, THE BEST SHAPED NECK I HAVE EVER PLAYED. PERIOD. (fwiw) :D the thing just plays itself and the tonal possibilities are out of this world. anywho, very fun afternoon. Thanks Dingwall Sales!!!!
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Was the combustion a NAMM bass? The sound samples indeed point to a killer bridge sound. Can't wait to get mine. Mark
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="guitarded":1wi8vv65]Was the combustion a NAMM bass? The sound samples indeed point to a killer bridge sound. Can't wait to get mine. Mark[/quote:1wi8vv65] Hi Mark. yep, I believe it was this one: [img:1wi8vv65]http://www.dingwallguitars.com/forum/files/combustion_bk_bp_pg_fullshot_esize_133.jpg[/img:1wi8vv65] Dingwall Sales also mentioned that the new tuner posts are going to be a bit smaller as to help among other things, the "Combustion" logo really pop on the headstock as well, the neck shape has been updated and changed to feel just like the Z3 I tried out. like I said, the Combustion line is a stellar bass and ya, the soloed bridge pickup can get you the Rocco/Jaco thing BUT pluck over the neck p/up with the bridge soloed and a bit of bass added in and it's an all around thick but yet cut through any mix kind of tone. VERY impressive. you're gonna be diggin' yours big time!!
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
SO HUNGERING FOR 4 string combustion!!!!!!!
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="axpro":1bfeybui]SO HUNGERING FOR 4 string combustion!!!!!!![/quote:1bfeybui] I'm just waiting for a single Dingwall I can afford! Soon though, only one more year of collage. . . . .
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!