Monday, 12 January 2009
  0 Replies
  4.6K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
At long last, here are the first 6 Combustions. These will be at NAMM next week.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
:cry: Oh well. It's for the good.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I'm very excited :D I must be to post on two forums on the same topic within a minute!
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Well, I'll guess that one of them is the Spyker that FrankM has mysteriously referenced in his signature, but who knows. The SuperP would be a great announcement - great for my GAS, but bad for my bank account :cry: Mark
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Damn...it's past afternoon here and on the way to evening! What the heck time is it in Saskatoon? :wink:
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I guess some possibilities are a neck through, single cut, superP, or maybe a new Afterburner? (Z2 pickup config). Maybe it's the T-bird.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
It's a triple necked model :D
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Sheldon is in Central time (same as us Texans) however Canada doesn't do daylight savings, so its 1hr behind CST (confusing enough) the suspense is killing and me, worse , Now I'm worried that adding two more models to the already time crunched crew at Dingwall guitars, will add yet more wait times I'm also sobbing over the combustions being postponed til fall(boohoo)
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Combustions postponed until the fall?? Very sobering news. I'm anxious to try one out as soon as I can. I hope that changes. By the way, I'm new to the forum but I've reading for a few weeks and it seems like a great bunch here. Hi to all.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I'm not sure where this should be posted, but since it's been mentioned here... Is the new shop location (assuming it's bigger) going to mean more workers and more production to keep up with all the new models and the already increasing wait time?
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Canada [i:2bi1skss]does[/i:2bi1skss] do daylight savings time except Saskatchewan (& maybe Alberta - I'm not sure). Whatever it is, it should be good. It always is! [quote="FrankM":2bi1skss]Sheldon is in Central time (same as us Texans) however Canada doesn't do daylight savings, so its 1hr behind CST (confusing enough) [/quote:2bi1skss]
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Alberta does do dst, sask is the only one (around here anyway) that doesn't That said - daylight savings is the cause of the confusion, not the lack of it. . . (sorry for the derail :oops: )
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Sheldon Dingwall":1xnfaya6]A quick update. We had a few more wrinkles to iron out of this project. This has pushed back the release date to September. I'm sure most companies wouldn't be so anal about the details, or be such a PIA to the factory, but we're not most companies. I apologize for any wait induced anxiety.[/quote:1xnfaya6] AAARRRGGGHHH! My G.A.S!!!! [img:1xnfaya6]http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1054/gasr.jpg[/img:1xnfaya6] :wink:
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Ouch. Now that's bad GAS! Mark
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
That GAS is so bad, I am suspecting it can be a case of the far more severe DAS..
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Patience...patience... :x This is getting more difficult every time we hear a new release date. I'm sure it will be worth it, but since I heard about the Combustion I've been holding off on getting a five string (only had fours until now). I may have to hit Craigslist and buy a temporary solution for my 5-string GAS, just to tide me over until September or whenever. I've seen some pretty good deals on there lately. Tommy
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="flight120":1wmh4iaw]Patience...patience... :x This is getting more difficult every time we hear a new release date. I'm sure it will be worth it, but since I heard about the Combustion I've been holding off on getting a five string (only had fours until now). I may have to hit Craigslist and buy a temporary solution for my 5-string GAS, just to tide me over until September or whenever. I've seen some pretty good deals on there lately. Tommy[/quote:1wmh4iaw] I hear you. The Combustion will be my first 5 string as well. Last January, when it was announced, I got gas. So, I got my first real job to fund it. Almost a year and a half later, I've got pretty good at my job, but still no Combustion :) I've bought a fretless as a "gas pill", and I've become comfortable with it, and still I wait. I might buy a bass processor within the next month just to keep me busy over the summer, as I've never used effects so there's a lot to learn. I suggest the same, better to temporary string one bass BEAD and buy something you're going to use later than to buy a bass you'll sell in a few months. Just IMO. Bocete
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
What? No Combustion this spring? There goes my yearly birthday Dingwall in April. :cry: Oh, well. Maybe this will do for now: http://cgi.ebay.com/Univox-bass-guitar_ ... 7C294%3A50 I love these basses. I already have a couple. I'd like to see a Dingwall/ Mosrite-style bass. I'll have to ask Jjango to work it up. Mark
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Calling Jjango! Can you do a Dingwall in a Mosrite shape? Just wondering how it would look. Mark
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="guitarded":2zfsdg1h]What? No Combustion this spring? There goes my yearly birthday Dingwall in April. :cry: Oh, well. Maybe this will do for now: http://cgi.ebay.com/Univox-bass-guitar_ ... 7C294%3A50 I love these basses. I already have a couple. I'd like to see a Dingwall/ Mosrite-style bass. I'll have to ask Jjango to work it up. Mark[/quote:2zfsdg1h] Oops! How did I forget that I have a Tacoma Thunderchief coming for my birthday? I'm starting to do an acoustic duo gig. Anybody here have any experience with the Thunderchief? Mark
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="flight120":32g5ngo5]Patience...patience... :x This is getting more difficult every time we hear a new release date. I'm sure it will be worth it, but since I heard about the Combustion I've been holding off on getting a five string (only had fours until now). I may have to hit Craigslist and buy a temporary solution for my 5-string GAS, just to tide me over until September or whenever. I've seen some pretty good deals on there lately. Tommy[/quote:32g5ngo5] Wow, so it didn't take long. To put this in context, I've kept a pretty close eye on our local Craigslist for close upon a year (at least every week or so) and have never seen ANY Dingwall. So I was trolling Craigslist looking for a cheap 5-string this morning, and what did I find but an AB1. Long story short, I'm now the proud owner of a Dingwall! Anyway, I just thought it was ironic that me temporarily giving up on getting a Dingwall any time soon led me to one that I might have missed otherwise. Tommy
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!