Monday, 10 October 2005
  0 Replies
  5K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
but it's so much easier on a Dingwall. [img:3rioon4n]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a315/guitarded99/guitarded.jpg[/img:3rioon4n]
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Smallmouth_Bass":3hzdcywq]Your bass looks completely black in those pictures.[/quote:3hzdcywq]... ...mostly because my AB finish was done with much less burst than is typical for AB finishes. In other words, the center was finished much darker than normal, at my request. I was looking to do things differently with this bass, and Sheldon honored all of my requests on this project. The bass is technically a prototype, as is my SJ, because Sheldon and I used it as a study in "what if we tried this." It is truly a one-of-one. :) Thanks again, Sheldon! :D Mark
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Your bass looks completely black in those pictures.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I figured out who took the pix. Here's the full shot. Mark
Attachments (1)
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="rollerberg2000":cqekbi79]Mark, that is a super cool shot![/quote:cqekbi79] +1
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Last week at my church's spanish service, my trusty Dingwall ABII-5.
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Yep, my absolute favorite dingy so far. . . Is the yacht yours too? (can I get a ride :D )
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Cool gig!
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hey John your Z3 looks really sexy in action!!!
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="fullrangebass":h1v05w2y]Here are couple of shots from last weekend's gig[/quote:h1v05w2y] You gotta love Europe. Fullie's playing with "art" in the background. I've actually played with live models displaying their extraordinary abilities with a pole, in similar states of undress. It's a rough gig, but somebody's gotta do it. Haven't done it with my Dingwall yet, but it's gonna happen.
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="fullrangebass":3aak3yqo]Here are couple of shots from last weekend's gig[/quote:3aak3yqo] The backdrop of your stage is the better than the backdrop of any I've played lately.
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Nice videos and sound too. The band is tight. I agree that there should be more Dingwall videos out there. If I can only get Fullrangebass to lend me a bass or two, I'd probably get a video or two going :wink: . Oops, I am FRB... :oops: . I will do sth in the very near future
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thank you for your nice comments. Here are two videos, they were recorded with a simple videocam so the sound is not very good. If you like it please rate us at youtube. [url:h3syix9w]http://youtube.com/watch?v=qeaPC4Hczb4[/url:h3syix9w] [url:h3syix9w]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZX2vvBtC8Cg[/url:h3syix9w] BTW, it would be nice to see more Dingwall videos here....
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Here is the Dingwall and I rippin it up with my band Tripthelights www.myspace.com/tripthelights
Attachments (1)
15 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
just got this pic today
16 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Great to hear from you, Frank. I suppose we are in an elite group- Dingwall owners in Texas. I love this forum. It's a great way to share ideas and thoughts, and it's long overdue. I have wanted a Dingwall for about 6 years, since I saw them in Bass Player. Soon after that, I got a quote from Sheldon about building a bass exactly like my Voodoo, but the price was just too much at the time. Fast forward to '04, and I see this bass on ebay. I called a buddy of mine, Jim, who I knew had played a Dingwall at a guitar show and I asked him about the fanned frets and he said, "It will be no problem for you. Your gonna get that bass, I know it". I said, "You think so?" "Definitely", he replied, "It's [i:cli57b77]you[/i:cli57b77], man". And so, it was as Jim had predicted. My black-burst AB5 is to be delivered in Feburary. Happy new year! I'm getting it primarily to keep from having to haul my precious Voodoo to the club and less desirable gigs. I'm ruined to Dingwalls! I wonder if a 4 string Ding is in in my future? later, bro, Mark
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!