1. Mark L
  2. Basses
  3. Monday, 10 October 2005
  4.  Subscribe via email
but it's so much easier on a Dingwall.
[img:3rioon4n]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a315/guitarded99/guitarded.jpg[/img:3rioon4n]
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
fullrangebass Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Registered
Votes
Undo
Very nice bass and t-shirt. And it looks you all are having fun on stage.

Just one question: why aren't the frets straight?

:P :P :P
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Basses
  3. # 141
Helcarauco Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Registered
Votes
Undo
Lol this question... like if i've already heard it... sooo good ;-)

For the fun on stage... we really had, despite these pics : They were taken during the first song of the first live experiment for us... so maybe (for sure) some of us (all of us) were a bit (a lot) concentrated (deathly anxious). We were playing in front of our families and some friends, about 70 people.... this isn't Wembley Stadium but it gave me the will to play more and more gigs !

Fun on stage ? Like when i saw the face of the keyboard player when a photograph did drop a remote flash on the Korg ? See below
Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Basses
  3. # 142
lomo Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Registered
Votes
Undo
Nice bass, and I dig the setting as well!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Basses
  3. # 143
Mark L Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Registered
Votes
Undo
Z3 in action.

Mark
Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Basses
  3. # 144
Registered
Votes
Undo
You look you are in sonic Nirvana territory :wink:
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Basses
  3. # 145
bassplayinbill Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Registered
Votes
Undo
In the first one, we opened up for B2B, a very talented Jimmy Buffet tribute band, hence the Hawaiian shirts :wink:

In the second one, I am with my posse with my (formerly Lomo's) Blue AB-I Elite working for beer and bbq.
Attachments (2)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Basses
  3. # 146
Registered
Votes
Undo
Z3 and me at the T-Bone Walker Blues Fest June '08. Dig the Mahavishnu Orchestra t-shirt!

Mark
Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Basses
  3. # 147
Helcarauco Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Registered
Votes
Undo
At the Sw
Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Basses
  3. # 148
rollerberg2000 Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Registered
Votes
Undo
Action shot of my AB1 Whalepool. Looks green in the photo though.[/img]
Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Basses
  3. # 149
jonnyrok101 Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Registered
Votes
Undo
EBow action at a recent gig @ The Old Blue Last in London, UK...(The sound was bad, but not on my side of the stage :lol: )
Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Basses
  3. # 150
Registered
Votes
Undo
Ahhh, Jonnyrok's ABII is still my favorite!!! Have yet to see a nicer one IMO 8)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Basses
  3. # 151
BurningSkies Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Registered
Votes
Undo
So while I've been focused on my new, forthcoming Z, its sometimes easy to forget that I have one of the best sounding and playing basses in the world. This Sunday, we were lucky enough to play a 'cultural festival' about two blocks away from my front door! It was nice to basically roll out of bed and into a nice little crowd. While the 'stage' we were on was VERY VERY bare-bones (we opted out of the 'risers' and set up out front), and had to depend upon our own amps outside! I had to stay 'closer to home' than I would have on a real stage with real sound! Anyway, as always, the bass was loud and clear. When my photographer (girlfriend) was a block away watching the belly dancers, she could hear me open up the first song and KNEW it was me!

[img:3sfnkf51]http://homepage.mac.com/burningskies/.Pictures/westcott1.jpg[/img:3sfnkf51]

[img:3sfnkf51]http://homepage.mac.com/burningskies/.Pictures/westcott2.jpg[/img:3sfnkf51]

[img:3sfnkf51]http://homepage.mac.com/burningskies/.Pictures/westcott3.jpg[/img:3sfnkf51]

Hey, I have to say...I look pretty good for nearly 40! :wink:

A fun day with good people and a nice crowd of all ages! Very different from some of the bigger housed I've played in, but hell, we had belly dancers!

As always, thanks to Sheldon for making me a bass that does exactly what I need it to do, and makes me sound better than I should!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Basses
  3. # 152
TwoPort Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Registered
Votes
Undo
Bass in the middle. They love it in the studio!! :) We're working on a demo with some production assistance from Jeff Tamilier, former guitar player with Tower of Power - fun and funky for white boys...
Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Basses
  3. # 153
Adam12Wilcox Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Registered
Votes
Undo
Backing up my man Dan in the Dan Eaton Band.

This is at the California Brew Haus, but I'm dressed more for the Key West Wine Bar.
Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Basses
  3. # 154
TwoPort Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Registered
Votes
Undo
How kids play dingwalls. The green tape is because of no strap locks... All the product placement lined up right..
Attachments (2)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Basses
  3. # 155
Registered
Votes
Undo
Here are couple of shots from last weekend's gig
Attachments (2)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Basses
  3. # 156
Registered
Votes
Undo
[quote="TwoPort":txoe8ckl]How kids play dingwalls. The green tape is because of no strap locks... All the product placement lined up right..[/quote:txoe8ckl]

Nice bass. All the more reason to have straplocks. I could see tape on a Fender, but a Dingwall? :? Not mine. I guess that's how the kids roll these days.

Mark
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Basses
  3. # 157
John H. Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Registered
Votes
Undo
[quote="fullrangebass":3aak3yqo]Here are couple of shots from last weekend's gig[/quote:3aak3yqo]

The backdrop of your stage is the better than the backdrop of any I've played lately.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Basses
  3. # 158
Registered
Votes
Undo
[quote="fullrangebass":h1v05w2y]Here are couple of shots from last weekend's gig[/quote:h1v05w2y]

You gotta love Europe. Fullie's playing with "art" in the background. I've actually played with live models displaying their extraordinary abilities with a pole, in similar states of undress.

It's a rough gig, but somebody's gotta do it. Haven't done it with my Dingwall yet, but it's gonna happen.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Basses
  3. # 159
lowphatbass Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Registered
Votes
Undo
[quote="guitarded":3pmijyxq][quote="TwoPort":3pmijyxq]How kids play dingwalls. The green tape is because of no strap locks... All the product placement lined up right..[/quote:3pmijyxq]
Nice bass. All the more reason to have straplocks. I could see tape on a Fender, but a Dingwall? :? Not mine. I guess that's how the kids roll these days.Mark[/quote:3pmijyxq]
Locks are really nice but they've always been a hassle for me for some reason, the loosening, small parts getting lost. The truth is I have never needed locks on my Dingwall(probably the same pegs as the SJ), never needed tape either.
I originally started using Levy's(the beefy, all-leather model)straps because of the comfort, I was trying to gig a heavy Alembic. After that bass was retired I kept using the straps on my Dingwall. Along the way I've tried several nifty neoprene(wetsuit material) brands and had problems. The Levy's straps are much thicker at the ends where the holes are and really ride securely in the "V" of the hooks, also I believe that the all leather strap "dampens" the up and down movements of the bass while the neoprene(and nylon to a certain extent)sort of act like a coil spring and cause the bass to "pogo-stick" a bit more. These are just ideas but I move around a bit on stage and I don't think I've dropped my Dingwall once in well over a decade. The straps do come in all black, they can also bleed onto white shirts when they are new(ish), they absorb moisture as well. I remove them and hang them after particularly sweaty gigs as I sweat a lot when I play. I also got one that came apart within a week, they replaced it but it was a PIA, this could have been the store just blaming Levy's though and hoping I would go away.

BTW!!! FULLRANGE, cool venue. I did a double take on that second pic, thought something was wrong with your ear, you may want to check that out.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Basses
  3. # 160

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.