Monday, 19 November 2007
  0 Replies
  1.4K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hi Dingwall Sales, I sent the following to Sheldon. I realize he is extremly busy so I thought that you might know the answers or be able to get them. Thank you. I posted this on the basses forum but thought it should be here to. Hi Sheldon, Another question arises. At what serial number were these changes implemented for PA's and other's? When you and I talked we figured I have the Mach II in my bridge pup as it is definately hotter than the neck. Is my switch still a blueqube or does it switch between regular and Mach II in the neck pup? It probably does not make any difference but it would be nice to know. Thank you Sheldon for your help. Regards, David
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi David, Yes your bass has a Mach II in the bridge position and a bluEQube. The new system for Prima Artists has not been put into a bass to date. Dingwall Sales
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
hi barry, does this mean I have the most up to date electronics in my prima artist? I sent you and sheldon a seperat email asking for the upgrade kit if available? please let me know. best regards, david
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi David, Technically speaking you have the most updated electronics in your bass as we have not built a Prima Artist with any further updates. The next Prima Artist that goes out will have series/ parallel switches for both pickups and no bluEQube. I not sure that if you think that warrants any retrofitting on your bass or not. Personally I think your bass is amazing as is and will offer you endless tonal options. Dingwall Sales
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Dingwall Sales, Thank you for your reply. Below is part of a thred by Sheldon and some others. He states there is a retro fit available for 2007 Z's and P.A. What is this retro-fit? Is it something I can use or does mine already have what is in this kit? If there is something available for P.A. #3973 I would like to know price and delivery. I don't mean to be a pest but I would like to know. I agree that I will probably never use all the tonal possibilities on my PA but please let me know. Thank you for your effort in this manner. Best Regards, David PS; I apologise for not knowing how to use the fancy boxes. I need a lesson on how to do that. "Sheldon Dingwall Site Admin Joined: 17 Aug 2005 Posts: 740 Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:08 am Post subject: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dragonlord wrote: Sheldon Dingwall wrote: Sorry for the confusion. The mid frequency switch will be moved to a push/pull switch on the mid knob. A Mach II bridge/regular neck combination cuts almost the same mid frequencies as the bluEQube making it somewhat redundant. We're interested in providing more options rather than more overlap so the bluEQube is out and more Mach II options are in. On SJ's ABI and II's the Mach II bridge is now standard and the bluEQube is being phased out. On Z series and Prima Artists we are wiring both the neck and bridge for regular and Mach II options. If you'd prefer the old style we can accommodate. If you have a 2007 model Z or P we can supply a retrofit package. 2006 and older models require new pickups. Sheldon, this has confused me. In August, you posted this: Sheldon Dingwall wrote: The Mach II is a hotter version of the FD-3. It's meant for bridge placement. It has a hotter output with punchier, more present lower-mids. We were finding that our favorite bridge pickup tone required a touch of bass boost. We figured why not just build that into the pickup. The increased output makes the bridge about 3 db hotter than the neck. Since the neck already has a more bass heavy tone and due to placement is more sensitive to playing dynamics we feel that this relationship is spot on. The change in tone for the series and parallel settings is positive too. Both settings should cut through the mix slightly better now. So, what do the Mach II do? Cut mids or boost them? Also, it seems strange to go with a setup that sounds like the blueqube, as in relevant discussions I think dingwall users rarely use it, and I can't recall anyone having it engaged all the time. Let's not read too much into this. The Mach II bridge pickup has more mids and output. Low mids primarily. This may not be what everybody wants, but it seems like it's what most people want in a bridge pickup tone. It's been apparent to us for a while that a neck and bridge pickup blended will cut better if there is more bridge pickup in the mix. This is the one disadvantage of a rotary switch. You can't add more bridge pickup to the blend. A hotter bridge pickup solves this. The bluEQube was a great compliment to the FD-1 pickups as it tamed the aggressiveness of those pickups and provided an improved slap tone. As we developed our pickups further the bluEQube played a less important roll. The bottom line is that we feel it's an improvement. "
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi David, We will make the switching system available to 2007 PA customers. I won't we working on a kit and instructions or even pricing until the dust clears after NAMM.
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello Sheldon, Thank you for your reply. I will await news of the switching kit and I look forward to meeting you at NAMM, Best Regards, David
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!