Friday, 11 January 2008
  1 Replies
  6.1K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
This is the last project we've been working on for NAMM. It's a little brother to the Afterburner. There are a few details to be worked out and financing to be sourced but the goal is to put this into production at a really attractive street price.
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Sheldon Dingwall":ssmaz6ww][quote="Bocete":ssmaz6ww]Any approximations on the release date? Will it be available before Christmas? Thanks![/quote:ssmaz6ww] No, we need to get NAMM out of the way first, then we should have some available in early '09.[/quote:ssmaz6ww] Thanks, keep us informed :wink:
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
We got word that the NAMM samples are on the way. Just a quick and dirty snapshot from the Factory for now. We'll get the pickguards on and take some shop shots later next week.
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
They really look nice. I can see myself rocking with one of these (esp the white one). They all look great without the pickguard Congratulations!!!
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
You might want to leave the PG off the honey burst. They all look great without a PG.
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
These look great. What colours will you be doing?
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Funkshwey":1wzk3bsl]You might want to leave the PG off the honey burst. They all look great without a PG.[/quote:1wzk3bsl] +1 Can the gickguard be optional? Mark
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
We're still working on the color options. The pickguards will be optional.
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Sheldon Dingwall":26rtlhj2]We're still working on the color options.[/quote:26rtlhj2] Will CLGreen make the cut? Mark
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
They do look great. Can't wait for quality pics :) Is the white one matte? If it is, I'm going for it, period. Unless there are some more matte finishes available (matte black? :roll: ) Edit: I guess it's not matte. You can see some light reflected on the upper part of the body.. Too bad. Matte white finish + black pickguard = stunning: [url=http://www.lunaguitars.com/electricproduct/neowhitebass.jpg:3g54wswx]Luna NeoBass[/url:3g54wswx] Also, a question: I guess the neck chunkiness has been dealt with? Thanks, Bocete
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I really want one of these, but only if in 6 string format. PLease bring out a 6 string version!!!
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Wow, these really do look terrific! :P
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hmmm... look at what I found when I did a Google search for "Dingwall bass Korea", guessing that's where it's being made. http://rdmgear.com/2008/12/19/dingwall-combustion/ Are those the ones that Jjango rendered? Did Sheldon ever say what the street price on these basses will be? $1200, IIRC. Looks like it may have changed. Mark
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
i think those images are from Jjango. The exact same image appears at the Basscentral website under Dingwall heading as well. Also it states w/ a street price under $1200.00
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="FrankM":1md30pmg]i think those images are from Jjango. The exact same image appears at the Basscentral website under Dingwall heading as well. Also it states w/ a street price under $1200.00[/quote:1md30pmg] Hope so, Frank. Speaking of, what's the latest on your mystery Dingwall? Mark
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Mark- Its going to be real interesting when the Combustions come out- esp to see what this "international build" will yield . I know it will have the soul of a Dingwall and lets hope these FD pickups are standard to give it the guts of a Dingwall. As for the Mystery Dingwall, it still moving ahead, but as you've noticed w/ many Dingwall "projects" -time is fluid and elastic. My new time line appears to be around Tax time 2009-I'm crossing my fingers it happens.
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
It's going to be cool and unique Frank. :D Looking forward to seeing it. I look forward to playing it, I'm like 45 minutes from you.
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Sheldon Dingwall":39xwy41r]We got word that the NAMM samples are on the way. Just a quick and dirty snapshot from the Factory for now. We'll get the pickguards on and take some shop shots later next week.[/quote:39xwy41r] Late to the party... Sheldon, these basses look great! Can't wait to try the NAMM samples at NAMM in a couple of weeks. Congrats on the new line. Regards,
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="FrankM":t0lz8fr0]Also it states w/ a street price under $1200.00[/quote:t0lz8fr0] I'm guessing $1199.99 :D
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="guitarded":gao4kryj]http://rdmgear.com/2008/12/19/dingwall-combustion/ Are those the ones that Jjango rendered?[/quote:gao4kryj] Yep, that's one of them! Here is a more updated version, with a few color changes Sheldon requested: [img:gao4kryj]http://xs135.xs.to/xs135/09010/mockup505.jpg[/img:gao4kryj] [size=75:gao4kryj]It's kinda cool seeing these pics start to pop up around the net![/size:gao4kryj] :D
13 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Headstock looks really good with the logo. I haven't noticed it before.
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!