1. Dingbat
  2. Ask Sheldon
  3. Saturday, 17 May 2014
  4.  Subscribe via email
I know that replacing an Aguilar pre-amp with a Glockenklang has been discussed but I can't find that thread. If I remember correctly, Sheldon said the control holes are too big for the Glockenklang.

But what about putting a Glockenklang into a passive 2006 Afterburner 1?

Can I buy a complete harness with controls and selector?
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Grand Wazoo Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Registered
Votes
Undo
[quote="Dingbat":3chd3qcv]I know that replacing an Aguilar pre-amp with a Glockenklang has been discussed but I can't find that thread. If I remember correctly, Sheldon said the control holes are too big for the Glockenklang.

But what about putting a Glockenklang into a passive 2006 Afterburner 1?

Can I buy a complete harness with controls and selector?[/quote:3chd3qcv]

I am not sure what Sheldon will suggest on this occasion but as an alternative option you could always fit a John East preamp which has been tried and tested on passive ABZ's so I don't see a problem in fitting these to an AB1, contact the John East factory on the link below:

http://www.east-uk.com/index.php/contacts
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Ask Sheldon
  3. # 1
Dingbat Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Registered
Votes
Undo
I have thought of that. I have an East pre-amp in a Jazz Bass and a Stingray. I even have an old U-Retro in a box that I'm not using. They are very good pre-amps but I want to keep my Dingwall looking and working like a Dingwall. The main thing I would miss in a two-pickup East pre-amp is the full passive functionality of the Dingwall electronics package.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Ask Sheldon
  3. # 2
ead Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Registered
Votes
Undo
Have you considered an East P-Retro? You could leave the p/up selector switch as it is and feed the output into the P-Retro which will give you passive with vol/tone, and then the very flexible P-Retro active options.

I've seen this set up on an ACG bass and it's a really good combo, masses of flexibility.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Ask Sheldon
  3. # 3
Dingbat Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Registered
Votes
Undo
The P-Retro is a good idea. I was aware of it but I didn't know the details of how it worked until now. I'm not familiar with John East's newer products. The P-Retro would give me everything I want without drilling more holes in my bass. I will consider it but still… (call me superficial) I really like the aesthetics and the feel of the Dingwall control knobs.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Ask Sheldon
  3. # 4
Sheldon Dingwall Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Admin
Votes
Undo
The Glock pots will still be too small for the holes left by the rotary switch and tone pot. I don't have a P-retro handy to measure the pot size but they would need to be 8-9.5 mm. 5/16" to 3/8".
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Ask Sheldon
  3. # 5
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.