Tuesday, 28 December 2010
  0 Replies
  1.4K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Story: I acquired this rig in unworking condition from a coworker. I sent the head off to a friend who refurbished it, replacing the main cap, tubes, and misc. internals, so now it functions as brand new - dead quiet, very dynamic. I've had the matching cab speakers reconed (using the original JBL D140-F baskets), the second cab may be a bit newer as the grille material is more Fender-ish and the speakers are Vegas (originals? both work great). It sounds great and is incredibly loud for it's 60 watt output - it sounds more like 600 watts. The problem is I play through my church's rig exclusively as this would have to be miked, and I don't foresee using it like I should in the next few years. I also need a bass at the present time, and I would be able to use that indefinitely as opposed to having a resource sitting around collecting dust (albiet under covers!). Besides, I can't take it with me anywhere like I could a bass, and my wife wouldn't kick a bass out of our bedroom like she did the rig. :-) I'm torn however, as I'll probably acquire the $2K I need for a nice Dinger or Modulus a lot sooner than I'd stumble across another rig like this one. Having blathered my life story, any thoughts, suggestions, etc. from anyone? Therapy? Loud concert?? Anyway, fresh pics are forthcoming, I'll try to get links up later this week. FWIW, I'm looking for a six string bass; I owned an older Voodoo five before and it was awesome, but my brain seems to function better with an even number of strings i.e. four or six. I'm open to suggestions, but having played my friend's Cirrus for some time now I can't go back to a 34" scale, it feels too small now. Thanks for listening....
11 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
That was my dream-rig when I first started playing in the early 70s. I never was able to score one. Wish I could get it, but an ABZ says "No." Mark
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!