Sunday, 13 November 2005
  0 Replies
  7.3K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Afterburner II 5 [url:3c5m25gk]http://cgi.ebay.com/Dingwall-Afterburner-II-5-string-electric-bass-guitar_W0QQitemZ7365955422QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/url:3c5m25gk]
15 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="TwoPort":38li0r30]Thanks there - for some reason Safari (on mac) did not have any formatting options. Found out I had to use firefox. Too bad, it was the mother of all paragraphs. Now there's smaller infinite paragraphs describing a work of art.[/quote:38li0r30] :lol: The mother of all paragraphs
15 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="guitarded":1k8b9zyb]Is that Z2 really resting on a concrete driveway? :? Just curious. Mark[/quote:1k8b9zyb] It had stuff under it so it wasn't on the concrete directly. I was trying to get some light to let the flame light up... Probably looks a little weird..
15 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="TwoPort":3k7altww][quote="guitarded":3k7altww]Is that Z2 really resting on a concrete driveway? :? Just curious. Mark[/quote:3k7altww] It had stuff under it so it wasn't on the concrete directly. I was trying to get some light to let the flame light up... Probably looks a little weird..[/quote:3k7altww] You had me going for a minute, TP. It didn't seem like something a Dingwaller would do. I thought I was going to have to start bidding in order to get that bass to a better home :wink: Mark
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Sheldon Dingwall":2u26h9rj]I've never tried to fit an ABI bridge to a Prima. The new saddles are compatible with the older Kahler plates with the removal of some pins. The difference in tone is Kahlers have more of a fretless tone, Dingwall's are more clear and bell-like with slightly more volume and sustain. The saddles are $25.00 each.[/quote:2u26h9rj] Do you think it would make any difference if I changed the plate as well? How much would a whole bridge cost (5 saddles and plate instead of $125 for the saddles only)?
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
used (can't be much) cocobolo/semi-hollow AB2 6er at BassNorthwest-2499!
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
thats really interesting. never heard of craigslist before, but i suppose its as "reliable" as ebay or anything..? :o
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I am not aware of the regulations ruling craigslist, but I am not very keen to try it myself. On the other hand i've heard that some people had some luck there (that's why I posted the ad when I found it)
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Phoncible":6whg2rpz]thats really interesting. never heard of craigslist before, but i suppose its as "reliable" as ebay or anything..? :o[/quote:6whg2rpz] It's just an on-line classified ad site. It's like ebay in that it is a bunch of people, mostly honest, selling their wares. Unlike ebay, there is no bidding that I know of, you just buy the item. I've bought several small items on Craig's List, and I even bought my band's GUITARDED shirts there, and I've never had a problem. However, I've never bought an expensive item from the site, and I don't know how they protect the buyer if something goes wrong. Somebody else on the forum likely knows more about it and will chime in. Mark
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Although I've never bought off Craigslist, I have a buddy who scores photographic stuff off it regularly. One unique feature is that it's organized into major cities (I'm uncertain if it extends beyond N. Am.), so one can usually meet the seller at a mutually agreed location and see the item 1st hand before buying. No guarantees, however.
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
yeah i got it figured, and it looks like i'm finally in for a dingie!
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Make your entrance in the Ding-World official with a pic of your Ding, when you have it in your hands!!!
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Got me bass on ebay for a decent price.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=014
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
a super j on ebay at a real steal for someone..... http://cgi.ebay.com/Dingwall-Bass-Guita ... dZViewItem
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote:zx5swb99]a super j on ebay at a real steal for someone..... http://cgi.ebay.com/Dingwall-Bass-Guita ... dZViewItem[/quote:zx5swb99] Hey, that's the Super J I just picked up. I've had it for over a week and already used it a 3 gigs, and I'm loving it. I didn't think it was a steal though. I know there's not many used ones out there, so it's hard to get a feel on value. However, it almost doesn't matter what the value is, since I'm sure it's a keeper (unless I could trade for a Super P/J). Aloha, Tim
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
That was a steal. I paid more than twice that for my new Super PJ. Congratulations.
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Toshikatsuboshi":nha9k9fp]Hey, that's the Super J I just picked up. I didn't think it was a steal though. I know there's not many used ones out there, so it's hard to get a feel on value. Aloha, Tim[/quote:nha9k9fp] Trust us, Tim. That is indeed a steal on an SJ. They are awesome basses and worth every penny, as you have discovered. Enjoy, mate. Mark
14 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Toshikatsuboshi":h7rsi3td]...it almost doesn't matter what the value is, since I'm sure it's a keeper (unless I could trade for a Super P/J). Aloha, Tim[/quote:h7rsi3td] Hey, Tim, you don't have to trade it to get a P/J setup, you just need Dingwall P pickups and a new pickguard. The body is routed for both P an J configurations. Mark
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!