Sunday, 13 November 2005
  0 Replies
  6K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Afterburner II 5 [url:3c5m25gk]http://cgi.ebay.com/Dingwall-Afterburner-II-5-string-electric-bass-guitar_W0QQitemZ7365955422QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/url:3c5m25gk]
15 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="SteelandBassPicker":b41vzbyb]That bass doesn't have a preamp.[/quote:b41vzbyb] And it doesn't need one! :wink: Mark
15 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="guitarded":3uy1b3ds][quote="SteelandBassPicker":3uy1b3ds]That bass doesn't have a preamp.[/quote:3uy1b3ds] And it doesn't need one! :wink: Mark[/quote:3uy1b3ds] Just sayin... the description isn't accurate. Reckon the guy thinks the bluEQube switch is an active/passive switch?
15 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
bass central has a honey burst 5-er Afterburner on Evil-bay http://cgi.ebay.com/Dingwall-Afterburne ... dZViewItem
15 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="FrankM":1ut6kwgm]Evil-bay[/quote:1ut6kwgm] Wow, tell us how you REALLY feel :D Thats OK, I realy can't stand Prey-On You-Pal either - they are EVIL :twisted:
15 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="bassplayinbill":gwk0wj30][quote="FrankM":gwk0wj30]Evil-bay[/quote:gwk0wj30] Wow, tell us how you REALLY feel :D Thats OK, I realy can't stand Prey-On You-Pal either - they are EVIL :twisted:[/quote:gwk0wj30] Hmmmm. Never had a problem with either.
15 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="BurningSkies":34qfwzmc][quote="bassplayinbill":34qfwzmc][quote="FrankM":34qfwzmc]Evil-bay[/quote:34qfwzmc] Wow, tell us how you REALLY feel :D Thats OK, I realy can't stand Prey-On You-Pal either - they are EVIL :twisted:[/quote:34qfwzmc] Hmmmm. Never had a problem with either.[/quote:34qfwzmc] Paypal IRKS the hell out of me. With all the money they make off me, I get a nasty Email because ONE TIME I went -$11. That's their #()&#$ fees on ONE #$*#) purchase :roll: :evil: To bad some automated machine will read my reply :x
15 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="BurningSkies":i9c6by3v][quote="bassplayinbill":i9c6by3v][quote="FrankM":i9c6by3v]Evil-bay[/quote:i9c6by3v] Wow, tell us how you REALLY feel :D Thats OK, I realy can't stand Prey-On You-Pal either - they are EVIL :twisted:[/quote:i9c6by3v] Hmmmm. Never had a problem with either.[/quote:i9c6by3v] I've never had a problem either, but I must say that ebay as a market place has changed considerably over the years, for the worse, due to scammers and flakes. Paypal is less troublesome, but the fees can be a problem. I just sold a Danelectro on ebay for $900, and the fee for me to receive the payment was nearly $30 - bummer. I'll likely start taking money orders only on my auctions. Mark
15 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
That 3% charge is pretty standard for the credit card industry unless you're doing huge volume. It still hurts though.
15 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Sheldon Dingwall":elhpkhlu]That 3% charge is pretty standard for the credit card industry unless you're doing huge volume. It still hurts though.[/quote:elhpkhlu] As Sheldon says, the 3% PayPal charges is unavoidable for CC transactions, no matter how you do them. It is also far better than the 9% you had to pay through other services (like CCNow) before PayPal was an option, or trying to set up your own merchant account. Sellers just have to factor that cost into their pricing. The problem with not accepting PayPal is that many buyers aren't comfortable paying with MO, and I don't blame them. This can mean either a much lower selling price (negating the reason for avoiding PP) or no sale at all, and you can still wind up with a bogus bidder or fraudulent payment. With even an appearance of buyer/seller protection (even if much of it is imaginary), PayPal give people peace of mind when dealing with strangers on the net.
15 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I won't do money orders myself anymore. I sold a Stingray 5 on ebay last year and the buyer sent the money orders promptly. One was for 500 and the other was for 250. For some reason the bank messed things up and I was credited for the 250 MO but not the 500 one. It took me awhile to get a straight answer on what had happened. Bascially somewhere along the process, my bank had lost the MO. And therefore it never made it to the clearinghouse. So they tell me I need the receipt of the original purchase and then I have to get the purchaser of the money order to send it in to the MO company so that they can reissue it. Well all this took about 2 months, to figure out and by the time things were finally said and done, I couldn't get the buyer to do any of the work I needed. The fact that if something goes wrong on a MO that you are pretty much solely dependent on the other person is a very bad situation.
15 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="Sheldon Dingwall":16vnx4as]That 3% charge is pretty standard for the credit card industry unless you're doing huge volume. It still hurts though.[/quote:16vnx4as] I used paypal just a few weeks ago for a $500 transaction. Since I suggested paypal to the seller, I also said I'd pony up the extra cash to cover the 3%. So I sent the guy $520 and it was done. Everyone came away happy. I like the fact I don't have to worry about having MO's in transit and the instant confirmation that my $$ has made it. In the past, I worked at several businesses that were very active on eBay, either as a sideline or as a main business. In hundreds, possibly thousands of transactions I was involved with, I can only think of a handful of problems. Last fall I culled some material from my record collection and moved it on ebay. I specifically stated that I was happy to ship to Europe or Japan and would make arrangements for other places. It worked perfectly, I got much better bids with my auctions for doing international-friendly auctions and I paid for my Z1 down payment with several handfuls of punk rock and hardcore records I haven't listened to in 10+ years. Records went to Norway, Germany, Australia, Japan, Brazil etc. No scams, no non-payers, no difficulties. About 90% sent money to be by Paypal.
15 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
They both are great when nothing goes wrong - I just don't care for PAYPAL's or EBAY's lack of customer service when things don't go as planned. It isn't very often. But I'm starting to ramp up the amount of business I conduct with them, and have been dissapointed with these half automated, half "I don't speak your language" responses when I have a problem. Oh well, you maust take the bad with the good :(
15 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Yeah, I think we all realize the benefits of these sites, but when you take a squint at the charges you pay over a year, as just a moderate seller on ebay/user of paypal, it's kind of shocking. I know it's a necessary "evil", but as Dr. Wood said, " It still hurts though." That was my only point. It is indeed part of doing business, but the other part is figuring how to cut some costs. I personally have never had a problem paying with or being paid with money orders. And I have also charged the 3% fees to the buyer, but I don't know why I didn't this last time. Too nice a guy, I guess :cry: :wink: Mark
15 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
It is actually a violation of your PayPal agreement to ask the buyer to pay extra for the charges, just as it is with a merchant account and offering cash discounts - not that many people don't do so anyway. I sure am glad I'm not paying that 9% anymore, that really added up, and building the cost into the pricing didn't help sales any either. I'm not arguing for the charges either, I'd prefer to not have to pay them. On bigger ticket items my preference (as a seller) is a wire transfer, at least then you can be sure you have the money and not get any surprises (chargebeacks, fraud claims) months down the road and long after the item has shipped. :)
15 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Have any of you ever used Interac e-mail money transfers? I have done some transactions with Club Bass (Toronto) using them and it worked out well. My bank (RBC) charges $1.50 for it. I don't know if Interac is widely used in the U.S., but I read it is now the primary form of payment in Canada now.
15 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Then there is Bidpay, where the [i:xcd76squ]buyer[/i:xcd76squ] pays the fee. I've used it a couple of times to take payment. I like the concept. I think the [i:xcd76squ]buyer [/i:xcd76squ]should pay for the convenience of paying on-line, not the merchant. The problem is that most times the buyer will have to register, and most buyers don't want to hassle with joining yet another on-line payment service. It seems like Paypal practically has a monopoly on it. Mark
15 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi guys, I thought I would let you know, after some hard thinking, I have decided to let my Super J go. Its a fine instrument but I have come to realize that I am just not a Jazz bass type of guy. I have also slightly overextended myself financially a tad bit and this makes the most sense to sell. If anybody here is interested please email me at Paul At Fortio dot net :( Thanks, Paul [img:3kmvv5va]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v710/smallequestrian/super_j_4_pbm_front_993.jpg[/img:3kmvv5va]
15 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="SmallEQ":2qggq99h]...after some hard thinking, I have decided to let my Super J go.[/quote:2qggq99h] Wow, I'll bet it was very hard thinking. Bummer. I know it can't be an easy decision. The good news is that it will likely go fast and you'll get the price you want, given that, so far as we know, it's a one-of-a-kind SJ. BTW, are you ready to reveal the asking price? I have a buddy in town that may be interested. Mark
15 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[quote="guitarded":3f5gshc5][quote="SmallEQ":3f5gshc5]...after some hard thinking, I have decided to let my Super J go.[/quote:3f5gshc5] Wow, I'll bet it was very hard thinking. Bummer. I know it can't be an easy decision. The good news is that it will likely go fast and you'll get the price you want, given that, so far as we know, it's a one-of-a-kind SJ. BTW, are you ready to reveal the asking price? I have a buddy in town that may be interested. Mark[/quote:3f5gshc5] You're right, it was a very difficult decision, so thanks for the kinda words. Looking for $2100 shipped. I've sent you an email as well.
15 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Is that the one with the matching headstock?
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!